FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp they won’t go to sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help they won’t go to sleep
    Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:48pm
My boy's are driving me mad the ywon't go to sleep before 9pm at night we even tried to tire them out and keep them up a little later, but no still jumping round their room till all hour's. We try to put them to bed a diffent times we put Mikey down first and he cries for his bro so we put Alan down and he want's Mikey. We can't sperate them my bro lives with us we are at our wit's end I know it's a hot to sleep, but still they are so tired through out the day it is rediculas.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 10:10pm
i'm having the same problem... bed time is 7.30 yet 9 they are still up. its driving me nuts!!!!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 8:23am
me too! I have been trying to get them to sleep at the usual bedtime since daylight bloody savings started. on the up side for me they are now sleeping til 8. no helopful suggestions here sorry.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:24am
oh I am so pleased I not teh only one then. Hopefully mine will start sleeping later in the morning then.
Deborah Mum to:

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 11:01am

Just a thought - it is the heat making things worse?  A friend was just telling me today that her toddler is having later bedtimes now because he just won't settle until the evening cools down a bit more. 

Andie
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 11:24am
I think it's the heat thing too and daylight savings. I have noticed that Ollie has not settled till around 8 pm now (usually goes to bed around 7 pm).
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 2:20pm
I am pretty sure that the heat is it Andie its just so frustrating having them both up and night it really cut's into what little evening we have plus cause there is not really alot of thnig's on tv that I would be happy them seeing or hearing, but I like to watch I have to miss out on them too.

Edited by loadsofkids
Deborah Mum to:

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:18pm
Wahoo we had a loads better night tonight all asleep by 8pm so much nicer.
Deborah Mum to:

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:32pm
Ive been having thes probs as well, Deb, amd I quite like to watch the Tele, too. Instead of fighting with him and ffeling angry and resentful, i let him have a quiet play in his room, (or both if Charly is up as well) so its quiet in the lounge for us, and evry 10 mins or so, go up and check on him and warn him that bed time is coming up. I do that for about half an hour or so, and always use the "nice mummy" voice (even though mad bad ass mummy is inside) and it workls well ish. Then after a couple of weeks, I wound that bedtime (which was often well after 8.30) back by about 10 mins every 2 or 3 days, now we are back at 7.30/8pm.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 7:49am
they were up til 11 last night!!!!   grrrrr. I let Taine CIO a little, but he was so wqorked up, he was not going to sleep at all. poor Jake couldn't sleep so both were in bed with me...at 11. so much for my early night. both still in bed now.
 Post Reply Post Reply