FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFrom cot to bed what age??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
youngmumnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngmumnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From cot to bed what age??
    Posted: 18 April 2008 at 1:22pm
Heyas when did your little ones go into a bed??
my lil girl is 15 months soon to be 16 months i tried putting her in a bed as we did the same with dps daughter but she refused to hmm stay in it and would be at the door before i even make it to the lounge door lol (considering its like 4 steps to the lounge door lmao!!)
Yet she loves to climb on all the beds so i was thinking maybe a bed with side rails?? otherwise i may just have to buy another cot for her little sister whos 4ms n getting to long her bassinete :S lol any ideas would be great :)
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 1:31pm
We only moved Michaela a couple of months ago, I guess she would have been 22mo. We probably should have moved her at about 20mo because she was waking herself baging against her cot.

While she gets used to a bigger bed you might need to sit in the room (on the floor next to her bed) to ensure she stays tucked in. You could also try closing the door behind you as you leave if it doesn't upset her too much.

She probably thinks being in a big girls bed is a great novelty so if you are going to keep her in it you'll need to teach her it's for sleeping in, not playing in.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 7:11pm
It might just take some getting used to. I decided to pack up the cot and plunge in. Was tough the first couple of times, Hannah thought it was only for playing in and the cot was her sleeping place.
scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 7:54pm
My daughter moved to a big bed at 11 months old, but we use a snug sheet with it so there's no way she could get out. She's still using the snug sheet.
Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 9:19am

What's a snug sheet, Robyn?

I think whatever's easiest for you in the end, Jess.  If it's going to be a major battle getting her into a bed then maybe a second cot is a plan?  They have reasonable re-sale for flicking off later on, and you can pick some bargains up if you're wanting to buy second-hand and hunt around, too.  Or a portacot for baby?  The side rail is a good idea too, and if you bought one and it didn't work out and she ended up back in her cot, you'd probably still get good use out of it when she does make the move to a bed later on.  Good luck! 

Andie
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 9:50am
We tried at about 15 months and it worked for a week and then DD did a week of what your girl is doing - getting out as soon as she hit the sheets! It was exhausting and she only ever stayed in there when she was completely knackered. We ended up putting up the portacot in her room next to her bed for a month or two, so we took down her cot and she slept in the portacot quite happily. During the day etc. she played on the bed and pretended to 'sleep' in it - got used to the idea, I guess. Three nights ago we decided to try again, with the aid of a safety rail on the bed (from Baby Factory but there are heaps on TM too). She's been sweet so far, I think she just needed that extra time. Good luck!
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 10:06am
www.snugsheet.co.nz
Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply