FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHas dropped afternoon sleep!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has dropped afternoon sleep!
    Posted: 06 December 2008 at 2:13pm
Why has she done this and only has 1 hour sleep in the morning?!??!!?

I am sooo tired and not sure what to do. I thought it was to do with teething, but this has gone on now for 3 days, since she turned the big ONE! Any suggestions on what to do?

Or maybe this is HER new routine?! hope not! Like some time out in the afternoons
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 3:32pm

what happens if you put her down in the afternoon?  Does she get upset or will she "rest" in her cot?  Tom sometimes needs the time out even if he wont sleep and he will happily read in bed.

I'd keep offering her the afternoon sleep in hope that she gets back into that routine.  I know some babies drop it early but I cant imagine 1 hr is really enough.  Tom has dropped to 1 sleep a day about 2-3 weeks ago and he is sleepin for 3hrs!!!

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 5:23pm
Awwww, pass some of that 3 hours my way please! No, 1 hour is not enough!
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 2:00pm
How is she going now??

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 5:12pm
We are having no morning sleeps, as they were only 1 hour, so now just having up to 2 hours in the afternoon!

It's sometimes hard to keep her awake in the mornings as she looks sooo tired, but in bed by 12.30 pm.
McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 7:37am
Thats just what my wee man did...so i was off to bed when he did...make the most of those 2 hrs in the arvo. Just wait till he's two!!!! My one dropped the day sleep all together

Rackhell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rackhell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:03pm
Cath (18 months) has been on one sleep a day since her first birthday and she usually goes down at 12, she's a 2 - 3 hour sleeper as well. I didn't cope very well when she dropped down to one sleep. Best thing for me was sleeping/resting when she slept - the house looked like a mess but I needed the rest. Even now I have days when I need a break. Doesn't help that in order to get little miss to sleep at all during the day she needs to be really run about.
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:02pm
Emma is in the process of switching to 1 daily nap only. We're lucky if she sleeps for an hour even - she used to have 2 naps of about 15 min each and it would take at least that long to settle her for them too!

Post Reply Post Reply