FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2-3 yr old highchair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2-3 yr old highchair
    Posted: 06 January 2009 at 3:36pm
Gina is fast outgrowing her high chair but doesn't seem old enough to sit on a grown-up dining chair yet either. I just wonder, what kind of a high chair can you use for 2-3 year old?
I've been looking at stokke chairs which say they "grow with your child" and can be used for adults too but at $500, it seems a bit much.

Sponsored Links

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 3:42pm
We have the 'first years' portable highchair that straps to our dining room chair. The seat part is adjustable which allows Sam to be able to sit at the dining room table, or you can lower it and use it with the tray provided.
At around $50 it is fantastic value and we are so impressed with this little chair. Sam is comfy in it and it is easy to clean.

Here it is at the baby factory.
Linky

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:02pm
we got this thing called a chair raiser (or something like that) from yum-yum kids. It lifts a normal chair up higher so toddlers can sit/eat at a normal table. While Ella still uses her normal highchair, we have been trying to get her used to sitting at a table with us for dinner table.
Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:04pm
We have got the Stokke and I . Amy sits in it really well and it is right a the table. In the future (once she is at school) it will be her desk chair as it is really comfortable.

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 5:41pm
We have a seat just like Mum2Sam's but it is a Fisher Price one, does a great job for Erin now that we are sitting at the table together more often.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 7:25pm
I just got one of those half booster chairs for Rhyley as he refused to sit in a highchair and is so much happier now sitting at the table with us but still high enough up to reach.. and bonus only costs around $30 new (cheaper if you can get one off trademe)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 7:25pm
I presume she is still a lightweight? We have just bought a Jolly Jumper highchair for our next baby and it will take up to 15kg, which I imagine would do your DD nicely until her 3rd birthday. Otherwise I'd get a plastic strap-to-the-seat booster seat (from baby shops as well as Warehouse) as they would always be handy to take visiting.
 Post Reply Post Reply