FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBunk beds / Sharing a room

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2boysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bunk beds / Sharing a room
    Posted: 26 January 2009 at 1:57pm
Has anyone got a bubby and an older child sharing a room? My wee boy is 18mths and his older 1/2 brother is 7yrs and they've asked to share a room (well the older one has anyway!). Any words of advice on this age gap for sharing?
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:32pm
Not sure about the age gap, but if your kids are anything like mine, i would seriously reconsider bunk beds. i was told that you need to imagine the youngest member of the house jumping off the top - if that is okay, get them. if it's not, regardless of whether it is his bed, he WILL get up - and if he is like Taine, he WILL be superman.

just a thought.
2boysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:43pm
Yes I've thought about that and I'm not keen on having a young superman but he's such a daredevil, but hubby said it'll be fine and we can move the ladder to the top bunk. Lots to consider.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 4:18pm
Ha, Caitlyn (who will be 7 by the time baby is born ) would be very unimpressed if I put baby in the same room .
She has bunks and its only the last month that Ive allowed her to sleep on the top , I still half expect to her a thud of her falling out of bed ....

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 4:23pm
Kobe (4yrs) and Addison (2yrs) share a room by thier choice. Kobe wanted bunks so we got them for him and Addison decided she wanted to sleep in there and Kobe wanted her too so we thought we would try it and see what happens. Addison was told she is only allowed up the top if an adult puts her up there. first night she tried to climb up and fell off the ladder and has never tried it again. They love being in together, I keep asking if they want seperate rooms and it got to the point where putting addison back into her room was used as a threat if she wouldtn behave. Its been about 6 months now so Ive now moved their furniture in together which is a bit tight but we have a toy room/spare room now which is cool. (and have a barbie bed for sale if anyone is interested!)

Edited by my2angels
 Post Reply Post Reply