FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need Advice
    Posted: 04 June 2009 at 10:48am
Hi All,

Ok so my DD is 22 months old and I was just wondering if it is normal that she does not like to play by herself, she always wants me to play with her. Is this normal or am I creating a problem.

Sponsored Links

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 11:22am
I think all toddlers go through this phase, Sam has just turned two and I remember a few months ago he would scream blue murder if I left the room, followed me EVERYWHERE and wouldn't leave me alone.

Sometimes I will sit him down with a puzzle or something he is really interested in and leave him for a few minutes at a time. Often I will sit at the computer for a couple of minutes where I can see him and he is ok for a little while.

I don't think it's a problem, she obviously loves you very much and wants to spend time with you.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:06pm
I think it also depends on the child and I wonder if its a bit of a girl thing too.. my friends daughter is like that yet Daniel will very happily play by himself for almost an hour at a time
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 1:26pm
Isla still wont play happily for a long period on her own, but can easily manage a good half hr now, and longer if she knows where I am and what Im doing,..shes 2 yrs 7 months!
I guess it depends a lot on their personality. Isla loves to be busy and involved, and hates to think she might be missing out of somehting more interesting! It was annoying when she was younger whne I couldnt even finish the dishes or hang the washing out without her crying and pulling at me for attention. I had to teach her ,...with lots of pateince,...that she would get my attention once I had finshed x task.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 3:17pm
same here. Occassionally Tom will play by himself...if I am nearby. Mostly he wants me to play with him or else he just "loiters"
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 10:03pm
At that age children are developmentally extremely egocentric, so its totally normal for Ella to be like that. Remember that she can probably sense that your not feeling too great (morning sickness) and is probably trying to cheer you up!

Her time at day care will help to develop some more independence so I wouldnt worry too much
 Post Reply Post Reply