FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWon’t let Daddy.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Won’t let Daddy.....
    Posted: 12 September 2009 at 8:39pm
Put him to bed if i'm at home. What can i do? I had to listen to him scream broken heartedly at us "Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" for about half an hour tonight because after I Read to him & I Said prayers & we had done kisses & hugs like we do, Daddy then tucked him & turned the light off. But as soon as i told V that, he started crying & got REALLY upset. Am i doing the right thing by trying to get DH to put him to bed? How do i do it?
Help please????????

Sponsored Links

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 9:29pm
There was an article in a recent Parenting mag about this. Basically they advised doing exactly what you're doing. Maybe alternate nights with DH to start with so V knows you'll be there the next night. The woman in the article said it took two nights of hell and then it got way better. Be strong!
Mum to two wee boys
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 10:06pm
thanks felicity. do you know which mag it was by any chance? i'd really love to read it :S

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 11:07am
Parenting Issue 37 (Winter 09) - page 73
Mum to two wee boys
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 3:09pm
awesome, thanks!

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 10:02am
We went through this Chonny! He went down like a dream for daddy when I wasn't at home but if I was in the house all hell would break loose. We persevered but I'd pop in and give him a quick kiss after he was tucked in and dad had come out. We found that worked well and hes now perfectly happy to go to bed for either of us and I don't have to pop in anymore.
Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply