FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower
    Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:53am
Wht d you do with your young toddler when you want to take a shower?

I used to leave him with DH or bring him into the bathroom with me but now he's not keen on staying in the bathroom and I"m a little nervous leaving him in the lounge by himself. I used to leave the door open but we have a student now so that's no longer doable.

Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 12:06pm
:) i put him in his cot with books on the days he's not at school..i simply couldnt trust him if i was in the shower as he seems to know when to get into things....:) I like having two showers a day so i have one then and one at night when DH home..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 12:34pm
He comes in with me He absolutely loves the shower and he, too, couldn't be trusted to roam around without me watching! We probably started doing this not too long after he turned 1.
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:17pm
lately, I've been getting up before her which does mean some early starts to the day, but I was doing the same as you - bringing her into the bathroom (although we have an ensuite, so she could roam out to the bedroom too, where I could still see her as I left the bathroom door open), and even with everything DD-proofed, she was still creating havoc! Early starts aren't great but it makes everything a little easier
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:22pm
My lil bit is so teeny she's still light enough to play in the jolly jumper or I have special bathroom toys for those days when she wants to roam around.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:39pm
I'd delay my shower until he morning sleep, then when she was older she joined me in the shower.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:43pm
oh yeah when he was little i showered at morning sleep..now we have shower over the bath..and he hates showers otherwise i might have tried him in the shower too.
Mum to two amazing boys!
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:44pm
I take DD in with me... she loads and unloads the washing machine which is in the bathroom... The other day I turned around and when I turned back she was fully dressed in the shower ... sometimes she asks to get in too so gets both our showers done at the same time
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 4:14pm
I shower in the morning, before the girls get up and have done since Sophie arrived. If I didn't, then I wouldn't get a shower,and I do not function with out a shower and a coffee in the morning .

DH gets up at 6 and had breakfast and I usually drag myself out of bed and into the shower by 6.15. This means that I am up, dressed and have had breakfast by the time the girls appear at about 7

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:26am
I shut him in his room with a snack and a drink I used a gate when he was little so he could see out but couldn't escape but now I just shut the door coz he can move the gate, get out and omg create havoc!!

Edited by Babe
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:04pm

i'm bad and put tv on and leave the 2 of them to it!!! Normally he just comes into the bathroom, gets bored and wanders off! Though they are pretty good and normally just watch tv as we don't have it on often for them.

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by kabe kabe wrote:

I'd delay my shower until he morning sleep, then when she was older she joined me in the shower.

I would often do this too. Othertimes I would drag the high chair into the bathroom and load up the tray with toys, otherwise if I'm in a hurry, I used to give him his milk and (gulp) leave him in the highchair watching tv for 2 minutes

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 12:10am
We have a bath and shower in the same bathroom. I put J in the bath while I shower.
Lou
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 10:56am
I shower at night when he's sleeping, unless its an emergency shower and he gets dumped in his highchair with books/toys with the bathroom door open so I can hear what he's doing.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 11:48am
If its just me and the kids at home and i want a shower I put him in his cot with his music on and some toys. Other wise I just have a shower at night when he is in bed.

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 9:40pm
I showered during his first nap when he was little. When I was working dh and I had turns being with him while the other got ready. Now I shower with him in the highchair having breakfast with TV on! If I don't get one before dh leaves, that is (so not too often). Its a bit trickier now, cos I have to make sure Morgan is fed and happy, or asleep, and hes having breakie at the same time. Makes for VERY quick showers if I don't do it before dh leaves!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply