FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHeavy wetter- night nappy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavy wetter- night nappy
    Posted: 10 October 2009 at 3:38pm
No more changing sheets and no more washing!!!!!!

Huggies, baby love and select from foodtown and a natural corn nappy (can't remeber name), budget and giggles are all no good.

Any suggestions for a super absorbing night nappy?
that will not leak!
Sponsored Links

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 4:39pm
My two year old is the same although only wets through once or twice a week now.   He's a very heavy wetter though and I found Giggles to be the ABSOLUTE worst nappy ever created.

We use homebrand    Keeps it all in!

Sam is in the biggest size now as he's 17KG and I found the biggest size of Giggles and some others really cut into him and the homebrand junior ones are a pretty generous size so fit well.

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 5:15pm
Oh I was going to say Giggles. Jack is a heavy wetter at night and was wetting through his cloth nappies but have found that Giggles last him 12+hours. Suppose they are all different. Good luck in finding something
Lindsey

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:09pm
sealer nappies with a empty pocket nappy over top works best for us.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 7:51pm
Dd was a super heavy wetter for a while and we used dryups @ night 12 hours or so and they seemed to be fine.
Can get from babyonline
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 9:22pm
We use whatever nappy we get from the nappies direct place (the cheapest) and put a cloth fitted with plastic cover over the top. No leaks since starting that system but tried just about every thing before that.

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 9:43pm
We have also found that Homebrand are great. So much better at night than Huggies!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 4:19pm
We use Huggies for day and Treasures Ultra for night time. We get the odd leak, but that's generally only cos she's a wriggly sleeper and the nappy gets loose around her legs and she lies in odd positions

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 6:09pm
I use Select Junior nappy with a prefold inside... only way I can get him through the night, and he might still have a wet morning once a week...

Can also use Huggies/Treasures Ultra with prefold.
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
grrrgrrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grrrgrrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 7:30pm
I use one size larger than durign the day for Mattias. He is a heavy wetter and I have found the only way I can get it to absorb enough is if I have a size larger on during the night. I use Huggies
Mattias 2yo
Henrik almost 1
emilily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 6:49pm
aidan goes thru stages of wetting thru his nappies at night. Normally we use giggles at night and budget during the day. When he wets heaps we put 2 disposables on him, one a slighty larger size. Then use the outer one again in the morning if its not wet. or a cloth nappy outer over a disposable holds it in and stops his jarmies getting wet.
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 1:51pm
Thanks for al the helpful suggestions decided to give huggies one more go!

Got the size bigger and it worked!

So huggies 16kg and over work even though DS is only 13 kg the bigger nappies work better i suppose more room to expand.!

yah no more unnecessary washing!
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 2:28pm
A word of warning to you all that use the size up.

Poos before wees are not a good experience, especially when changing nappies in the dark.

Poor DH, it was a code brown x 2 situation and lets just say the carpet cleaner was called the next day
jimbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 8:40pm
we have the same issue with mr 25 months. I find either select or treasures ultra the best, but even then get leaks every second night at least. May try the insert in a bigger size. A waterproof outer doesn't work as he is a tummy sleeper and it just seems to seep out the top no matter what. he's a big wetter and big pooper first thing in the morning. God help us when we try to toilet train over night!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:24pm
I use Huggies with a cloth nappy insert and it works brilliantly. I truied the size up thing and it worked for about 2-3 nights before I was back to square one.

I rate the cloth nappy insert!

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:30pm
Huggies and Homebrand were tested by Target and they're pretty much exactly the same except for price so if you want to save $$$ and normally use Huggies give Homebrand a try. We use the Junior size with Jake for nights (cloth/knickers during the day) and they're brill.
 Post Reply Post Reply