FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow much milk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JessDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much milk?
    Posted: 17 December 2009 at 7:25am
We give DS toddler formula. I'm not ready for plain milk because he is such a fussy eater - likes fish fingers and marmite toast - that he needs a few mins & vits.

Currently he has 200ml after breakfast, 150ml before his afternoon nap and 200ml at around 6pm before his bath. (All in bottles and are given after his meals)

The tin of formula says he should be drinking two cups of formula. So I should be cutting his consumption down right? And introducing cups/weaning off bottles?

Or, if it ain't broke don't fix it? I'd love some opinions please.

(DS is 85th percentile height, 50th for weight.)

Sponsored Links

Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 9:22am
I had the same query a few weeks back and with help I came to the conclusion of don't fix what ain't broke.

In saying that I do try the sipper cup once a week and they still hate it so i'm carrying on with the bottle until they take it. I've also started cutting down their milk intake which they're happy with. We're still on 4 bottles a day but average 100mls/bottle so 400mls plain milk a day.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 10:04am
Leah has 1x 200ml bottle just before her morning nap, then 250-300mls before bed. We have tried the cup she will have a few month fulls but thats about it so im just sicking with the bottle, we are also using cows dark blue milk.

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 2:21pm
one 200ml serving of toddler milk contains 50% of the RDI of iron for that age....I don't know what excess Iron does for a baby.
I just bought a tin of toddler milk and noticed that. Sirius is still having 3x200ml per day, so Im not sure what to do there.

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2009 at 7:53pm

Joel has 2 bottles a day (plain cows milk though) One at breakfast and one at bed. He has 250ml per bottle. Some days he doesn't drink it all and others he is wanting more. He has been doing this for about 3 months.

My 3yr old still has a milo in a bottle!

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 4:26pm
I have dropped Arainne down to 2 bottles a day, 1 after lunch and 1 before bed.

She has a small bottle of Dark Blue milk after breakfast and drinks water during the day.

I think they say to have only 2 bottles a day because they need to be eating more solids for their nutrients and they slow down on the eating because they arent growing as fast as they were in the first year.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 9:54pm
Taylah is having 3 x 200ml bottles a day still.
She eats bugger all however so im really trying to cut her milk down but she just wont eat even without milk.

Im hoping to cut her down to 2 bottles soon. I have plunket on Thursday so will have a chat to them.

She is also on blue top cows milk.

If you are worried about nutrients you can buy karicare drops from the chemist to add to milk/food i used them for a while also.
kymme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 11:18am
my daughter is 18 months old and is having upto 4/150ml formula bottles plus a few juice bottles a day,although our gp did tell me because she doesnt eat enough that was fine to do aslong as i try and introduce more food to her. as she is on the lowest percentile and has been from birth besides being very tall.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 7:10pm
Ugh, R ony has 1 250 ml bottle after tea and most of the time he only drinks 100mls of it. That's all he has, and it's just plain cows milk. he drinks water all throgh the day. I've tried giving him milk in a sippy cup or straw cup but he won't drink it, even tried a bit of milo in the milk and he won't drink it. I'm trying to figure out how to get more milk into him.  
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Post Reply Post Reply