FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlaygroup/Mainly Music @ 11am??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playgroup/Mainly Music @ 11am??
    Posted: 17 October 2010 at 8:29pm
Hey Guys,

DS is 13 months old and still having 2 naps a day at around 9am and 2pm. Problem with this is that all playgroup and music activities start at 9:30! Anyone know of a playgroup/mainly music or similar that starts 10:30 or 11ish?

I've searched high and low and can't find any - i thought one of you lovely ladies would be bound to know if one existed

p.s. we live in Auckland, North Shore

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links

nicandtyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicandtyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 7:23am
hi we go to wriggle and rhyme at takapuna library which goes from 11.30-12

April '11
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 11:00am

It is a pain isn't it.

Taka- wiggle & ryhme is on 11.30 on Mon and Birkenhead at 11 on Fri

How long is his morning nap? Will be cope with just an hr and then go to a playgroup staight afterwards (I am sure it won't matter if you are late).

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
NewPhoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 11:45am

Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 11:50am

Yeah Wriggle & Rhyme at Takapuna Lib is great!  You should check it out.  Then you can go for a walk along Taka Beach or have a picnic lunch there if the weather is good

amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 8:24pm
His nap is usually 1.5 hours so he doesn't wake til 10:30-11ish.

Ahhh wriggle and rhyme - great idea - I looked on the website and there's one in Browns Bay at 11am so that would work perfectly

Anthea - would love to meet up for a playdate. I work Mondays and Wednesdays but am free the other days!

I wonder if there are any playgroups that end at 12 - maybe they wouldn't mind if DS went for the last hour? haha Might start searching.....

crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 9:21am
I had the same prob with my DS1 at that age and at around 14 months we started going to a playgroup once a week and i found he could stay up till 11 with all the excitement and stimulation, so we'd leave early at 11, lunch in car and bed as soon as we got home. It was a bit rushed for a few weeks then he adjusted. Eventually all his sleeps were pushed back to about 11 and then we could go places easier. It's a tricky age cos they start to need something more to do but also need those sleeps. Lucky you with a great sleeper, DS1 is still a great sleeper.

Swimming lessons etc may be on at better times too, or some of the YMCA classes - they do pre-school gym and some music things.

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 11:30am
our mainly music in wgtn used to start at 11 so maybe ring round all the ones in your area and see if any start at that time. the library version is normally between 10-11 start as well

amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 2:12pm
Well I found 2 that started later in the morning: Windsor Park at 10:30 and Birkenhead at 11:00 BUT they're both on Wednesdays and I work on Wednesdays! haha oh well. Maybe I'll have to look into changing what days I work I also came across Pee Wee Gym at the YMCA on a Wednesday that looks super-cute!
AKLRosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKLRosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 7:36pm
Hi there, We have a Mainly Music session that starts at 11am, it is at the Vineyard Church on Chartwell Ave on a Friday morning. I used to take my Son to that session from six months then he moved to one sleep a day at around 15 months so we moved to the earlier 9.30 session at the same place. Hope that helps, it is a lovely session with a really nice group of Ladies running it.
 Post Reply Post Reply