FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAndrew Wakefield statement.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrew Wakefield statement.
    Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:43pm

Sponsored Links

kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:16am
That is really interesting. I don't think he had bad intentions or was motivated by money at all...I wouldn't imagine he would be inundated with cash offers after one study.

Edited by kellie

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:48pm
Apparently he had his own vax in the pipeline so they think he was discrediting the MMR which would in turn line his pockets with the use of the other vax, this he didn't admit to as a potential conflict of interest but under the UK laws at the time he didn't need to, you only had to admit to a conflict if you felt it was one not if it could be percieved as one, which is how the law is now worded. (I think I have that right, would need to check to make sure).

I'm not sure where i sit with it all, is interesting to read all sides of it though. I watched a thing from the parents of the kids in the study and mostly I just feel sorry for them as the UK government doesn't seem to want to help them as they are associated to the study and all still fully back Wakefield and the two professors that were part of the study as well, one is even suing the reporter that brought the charges against Wakefield so it's certainly not as black and white as the media make it out to be.

Post Reply Post Reply