FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDiary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diary
    Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:59am
DAIRY*****

How much dairy is your toddler having?

DD has perhaps 100ml of milk. She has a cup before bed.

Milk if she has cereal, only few times a week though. She never eats it.

Yogurt a day. And maybe cheese every other day with crackers etc.

Although im not worried, i saw plunket the other day who told me a 2 year old needs 600ml of dairy a day. DD is having no where near this obviously and they told me to increase her diary. I cant afford to be buying more milk, cheese, yogurt a week, its dare enough as it is.

Just interested to know how much other toddlers are having

Edited by _SMS_
Sponsored Links

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 9:57am
Sorry your post cracked me up, am guessing you are meaning dairy! lol
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 11:04am
I am. Man that has got to be the dumbest pregnancy brain ive had yet lol
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 11:35am
Least you had the right letters

Lily's a year younger than T but she has maybe 260ml of warm cows milk before bed (can be right before bed or an hour before - doesn't get her off to sleep)and(either every day - every 2nd day). She also has yoghurt (120g pottle) every day - every 2nd day, cheese maybe the equivalent to a slice of package cheese every day - every 2nd day. I don't know how much that is in total though sorry but probably 'not enough' either.
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:15pm

DD nearly 16m has 2 x 250ml cow's milk a day and usually some cheese or yoghurt, sometimes both

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:27pm
Chelsea has a 200ml cup of milk before bed (well, two cups last night when we were trying to get her to actually go to sleep ), and milk in her breakfast, a yoghurt a day. Cheese with dinner sometimes or just a slice of cheese. So not sure how much that actually is but doesn't sound like 600ml either... She would have more milk if I let her but we already go thru 5-7litres a week with DH and I drinking our milky drinks too hehe.
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:36pm
Maddi probably has 100 -200 mls of milk during the day (and sometimes less as she doesn't finish the cup), about 50mls on her weetbix in the morning and then usually a yougart so thats 300 - 400mls a day. Sometimes she'll have a few slices of cheese or I put cheese in her meals but definatly not up to the 600mls! I couldn't imagine her drinking 3 cups of milk a day...

Edited by Mum_mum

Angel baby - May 2008
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:14pm
Gabrielle is about the same age as your DD and apart from milk and a spoonful of yoghurt on her breakfast cereal she has pretty much no dairy at all. She doesn't drink milk anymore, though she probably would if I gave her some, and I occasionally give her cheese or a yoghurt, but to be honest it hasn't really occured to me to give her more than that. I asked the plunket nurse in December at Gabrielle's 2 year old checkup how much dairy she should be having and I got some airy fairy answer about how she was growing well and didn't need bottles any more which confused me coz she hasnt been on bottles since 15 months.
I have stopped worrying coz I am sure she gets some dairy at daycare and I know for a fact she still has milk at her Dad's place too. Also, she was tested as low in iron last year and calcium can inhibit iron absorbtion so I have been more focusing on getting enough iron into her. Plus you can get calcium from veges too and she eats a wide range of veg.
chickadeedoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickadeedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 6:09pm
My son has 3 x 200ml of cows milk. A couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt, some cheese. Has milk with weetbix in the morning. If you are worried about it you can get these calcium triangle things from the supermarket. I can't quite remember what they are called but they are quite good or you could see if they have a kids supplement for it.

[/URL]
millymollymandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millymollymandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:10pm
Crikey there is no way we'd get that in here. DD isn't really keen on dairy, expect cheese. Maybe has 200 ml a day.
yermasyada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yermasyada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 10:31pm
Is it calcium intake that you're worried about?

There's heaps of calcium rich foods which aren't dairy. Apricots are full of calcium and iron for example Then you've got your green leafy veges like spinach. Tofu and other soy based products also.
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 2:49pm
With DS1 I was advised that he needed 3 servings of dairy a day which sounds like you are achieving. As Milliemoo says there are a lot of other foods that contain calcium if that is the main concern.

With DS2 they have said 500mls but I just do what I can. The only other thing I give him that you haven't mentioned is cream cheese and occasionally ice cream and custard. At the end of the day you can only do your best and if they don't want it they won't eat it.
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
 Post Reply Post Reply