FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToddler snacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toddler snacks
    Posted: 11 April 2011 at 3:24pm
Im on the hunt for some different snack ideas. DD is getting a bit fussy with her food.

Today i just made up snack size popcorn for her in small snap lock bags. So looking for other ideas like this. Or just things that are good as snacks but you dont always buy or think of.

She normally has
crackers
cheese
raisens
pretzels
fruit
sandwiches etc
Sponsored Links

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 4:07pm
My boy is similar age to your dd, he has pretty much the stuff and also

Fruit stick/bars
Rice cakes,
Mini Muffins,
Scones,
Pikelets
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 10:39pm

mousetraps are good (marmite or vegimite and cheese on toast) , most children wil eat them cold too , dried fruit , Yougurt covered raisins, raisin toast (hot or cold with a bit of butter), snack size vegie sushi is good too (my dd LOVES sushi, ) rice crackers and hummis, I guess it all depends on what she eats  At the moment my dd eats everything but i know some children wouldnt eat things like Hummis or sushi .

Edited by julz85
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 10:49pm
My daughter is a fussy eater, but she loves cucumber and capsicum (raw).

Some childrn love cherry tomatoes. (DD loves pulling them of the plnts, but refuses to eat them )
AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 6:42am
If she's being fussy you could try involving her in making things? I bake a lot with my son which he loves, things like scones, muffins and pikelets mainly. And he loves pushing the button on the microwave to make the popcorn pop
I know a friend of mine uses cookie cutters to make different shaped sandwiches because her son won't eat them otherwise lol.
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 6:30pm
mmmmm yogurt raisins!

Sometimes if i have time i thread the popcorn with a needle so it is like a popcorn necklace - good for the car as they don't just tip it everywhere.

Rice cakes are the big favourite here and tiny teddies for a bit of a treat.

Corn chips - the Dorritos plain flavour are sooooo yummy and not overpowering like most other corn chips.

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 6:40pm
We do lots of yummy fruit like blueberries, grapes and pineapple.

Or like others have suggested different crackers (loves those mini mealmates), mini rice crackers, mini muffins, pikelets, fruit bread,raisins, cheese.

Those little bamino pasta pieces can make good snacks too.
 Post Reply Post Reply