FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2012 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>
Author
skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 2012 babies
    Posted: 25 August 2011 at 12:26pm
Congratulations to all our newly expectant mums and dads!
Here's where you will find friendship, advice, and support from other parents expecting the same time as you.
Enjoy!
the OHbaby! team
Sponsored Links

BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 12:33pm
Cool I'm first

I'm pregnant with my third due 3-5th May 2012!
Where are the rest of you May mummas?!
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 1:39pm
I'm here!
Hi! I'm Sara (25), and my DH (24) and I are expecting our first baby on 1st May 2012!
Still very shocked and not trying to get too excited until we get past these first three months...well only two to go now YAY! We only got married in April and this was our first cycle trying so we are feeling very lucky at the moment!
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 3:08pm
Lol congrats Sara!! First cycle 'trying' here too (we weren't actually planning on it but DH decided it would be quite nice so... here we are )

Yup one month down only 2 to go til the 'magic number'

I've been on OB for all three of my babies now, its a good place to meet people and sort through all those 'uh is this normal' questions

Would you prefer a boy or a girl?
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 3:48pm
Thanks and congrats to you also
I am still very shocked it happened straight away! Aren't we both lucky ladies!

I think OB is awesome! It's so nice to share what you are going through with people in the similar situation ...and the questions! Because this is my first time I just don't know what to expect! I am feeling super bloated at the moment and a tad crampy "down there"...well just really uncomfortable...is this normal lol?

We arent too fussed on what we have, obviously as long as he or she is healthy! We decided ages ago that when we did have children we wouldnt find out the sex....it will be a surprise!

How about you? Any preferance
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 4:18pm
Yep you'll probably feel like AF is going to arrive any minute perfectly normal everybody is different so its one of those experiences that you kinda have to live through to work out how your body deals with it IYKWIM?!

I've had 2 very different pregnancies, first one I was terribly sick (and had a pretty processed diet) and second one it was fairly average with morning sickness in first and third trimester and SPD (a fairly healthy diet til about week 6 when I got tired and unmotivated and we resorted to takeaways... ALOT! MS got way worse after that). This time I'm really focusing on my diet and eating lots of nutrient dense superfoods (spinach, berries, red meat, liver, garlic, eggs, etc) and drinking water constantly. We'll see in a week or so how it helps with the morning sickness Thats probably my biggest recommendation to anyone on their first pregnancy - diet in my experience makes a huge difference and so does the amount of water you drink. Hope that gives you some ideas

I want a boy, DH wants a girl, DS1 wants a girl, DS2 doesn't care so I swing his vote for a boy We'll def be finding out at our 20wk scan lol I don't have the patience to wait!
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 4:20pm
Oh yeah uh super shocked here lol I was sure it'd be a BFN TBH but nope :booty dancing: so excited I've got a BFP with my first cycle of trying (or whoopsie) with all my babies so yeah I consider myself very blessed!!
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 4:41pm

May 1st
misssara       Baby #1      Its a SURPRISE!

May 5th
BoMama        Baby #3      Finding out

Edited by BoMama
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 5:53pm
Oh YAY for our list! ...even if there is only two of us on it so far lol.
Yeah I have read a lot about diet etc and I really want to enjoy my first pregnancy (if I can) so therefore am trying to be good! Eating lots of fruit and veg...and lots of raw nuts and seeds....and drinking tons of water and herbal teas (i am slightly addicted to green tea lol) Feeling pretty good at the moment apart from the discomfort "down there" and super super tired!
Exciting that you are finding out what you are having!
So, because I have no exerience in the pregnancy deapartment I hope you don't mind me picking your brain about a couple of things in the coming months lol.
First question is...when do I start calling midwives? Is it too early to think about this yet? We are clueless on what to do next!
skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 6:10pm
Wellington midwives are really hard to get hold of and even more hard to book. If I was you I would be ringing around ASAP. I'm not sure where you are in Wellington but my wife used Noreen Jewell and she was awesome. Right leaving this thread alone now.... as you were.
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 6:22pm
Pick away I'll help where I can

Freezer meals are great btw, double up any meal you can and chuck half in the freezer
Apparently a high protein diet helps with morning sickness too and I know I've found it true for me!
Exercise even when you don't feel it is good, keeps your body working well.

You can call the midwives now if you like, considering how busy they get I don't think its too early. It also means you have some time to meet a few, get a feel for what you want and who makes you feel safe without being condescending or know-it-all (thats really annoying - just because its your first pregnancy doesn't mean your concerns or any feelings that something might be wrong should be scoffed at!!), or of course in the other direction you don't want a little stress-bunny of a midwife who'll wind you up everytime you see her lol it can be abit of a process sometimes, but other times it falls into place like a dream. If you and DH make a list of the 3 key things you feel you need in a midwife thats a good start then go from there FYI our list is (not in any particular order) 1. someone who'll listen sincerely, 2. someone whos happy to give lots of details (we're both detail-orientated ) and 3. someone whos friendly and approachable so that might help Definitely start approaching MWs within the next 3-4 weeks.
I start looking at birthing options early on too just making a list of things as they occur to me, getting ideas on relaxation techniques and new ideas on making childbirth easier!

Hope some of this helps lol...

Are you getting a 12wk scan? I get all the scans I'm offered lol I love seeing baby! We have framed scan pics of both our little guys. Have you thought about how you're gonna announce it?? We're gonna see if we can hold off til Christmas coz we live a fair distance away from family so when they won't see Bump growing and it'll be a huge surprise

BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 6:25pm
Ok just read skiltz post so yeah have a chat with DH then go hard! I've always lived rurally so its never been an issue finding a MW but Wellys is obviously a different story don't stress out if it doesn't come together though hun just breathe and take it one step at a time. I know alot of people find it really stressful finding a MW but everyone seems to end up with someone there to catch the baby at the end of the day

Thanks skiltz!
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 6:55pm
Oh gosh you are a wealth of knowledge
Thanks heaps for all the advice. I have been researching a little and a few particular midwives have been mentioned quite a bit so may give them a call tomorrow

We definatly want a 12 week scan! We both can't wait to see the baby and that way it makes it "real" i guess!
DH just had a rather cute moment. I went for a shower then came out and he started asking me loads of questions about my cramping (because I had mentioned it and he was a tad concerned). Anyway he had popped on the computer while I was in the shower and did a little research for himself and came out with "it's all good, it's just your uterus starting to grow" Oh bless!
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 7:29am
Haha nope I've just done this a couple of times. You'll be the same if you have more

Let me know how the MW search goes. I have a list of uh 2 midwives that come to where I live lol I'll have to give them a call at some point too :sigh: so much to do, so little time! Actually its just that I'm disorganised but shhh I like to protect the illusion that I'm onto it

Naaw cute DH! Mine has gone into total protective mode already lol 'whatever you want to eat babe', 'are you ok babe', 'need anything else babe', 'here babe let me do that'...

Are you nesty at all? I'm abit obsessed with cleaning out my cupboiards and reorganising everything atm!
white_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 8:38am
*lurker from the TTC thread checking in on missara's progress*

BoMama, I assume that having had two babies already you'd know the restictions on Liver consumption while pregnant? If not, it might pay to do some looking into. (Don't mean to sound like a condescending know-it-all, but it's something that has stuck in my head from my first pregnancy as I read it and though "Blegh, who still eats liver these days?" !!!
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 8:40am
Yay BFP this morning. I am Renee and this will be our third (have a two DS-nearly 4 and nearly 2).
Looks like I am due around 2nd of May

It is still sinking in that I am pregnant again!!!
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 9:09am
Morning ladies

YAY Welcome mummut! Congrats

Awww aren’t husbands cute! DH has been doing similar things (well asking if I am feeling ok every five minutes lol) I am feeling a little less crampy today which is exciting! It almost felt like I had AF and every time I went to the bathroom I was half expecting to that AF had arrived, but still nothing YAY! I felt my first dose of nausea this morning. Not enough to be sick, but just a little icky!

We are heading to the snow this weekend to celebrate my Dad’s 60th Birthday at the Chateau. It is going to be super hard not to say anything to them, but we really want to keep it to ourselves until we are past these first few months! I wouldn’t mind them knowing but my Mum has the biggest mouth in the world and I can almost guarantee my whole family (aunties, uncles, cousins) and family friends will know within a week. My sister told my parent’s when she was six weeks along and Mum sent everyone an email to let them know. My sister was not at all happy with the situation especially when one of my aunties posted congrats on Facebook for the world to see!

I am nesting a little…well clearing stuff out etc...I hate clutter!! DH wants to finish a whole lot of stuff to our house before the baby arrives like paint the ceilings, carpet the bedrooms (we have wooden floors and gets a tad chilly in the winter) and re wire the house (he’s an electrician) so I think he is nesting more than me at the moment lol
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 10:05am
Yup thanks white_rabbit we grate abit into taco dishes every week or so. Its an excellent source of iron and folic acid so for people like me who don't do pills (gag reflex anyone?) its a good way to add nutrients in, pregnant or not.

Hey Renee congrats I have a just 4yo and an almost 2yo! Haha its still sinking in with me that we're onto #3 too welcome to OB it was a sanity saver for me with both my previous pregnancies and I imagine it'll be just as great this time round having a place thats totally baby focused lol my littlies totally don't get it of course and DH works long days so nobody else to willingly listen to pregnancy jabber

Hahahahaha omg Sara that is so my mother!!! They're coming to stay next month and I'm frantically trying to organise things so if I do have morning sickness they won't pick up on it coz seriously *everybody* will know within the week I want to wait as long as possible! She wouldn't do a group email though :cringe: that is really bad!!

Renee are you planning on finding out if you're carrying blue or pink? What would you prefer?

Edited by BoMama
Megapunkster DOB July 2007
Minipunkster DOB Feb 2010
BabyPunkster DUE May 2012
Making out with the PunkMaster for 4 years and counting <3
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 10:07am

May 1st
misssara       Baby #1      Its a SURPRISE!

May 2nd
mumnut        Baby #3      Are you finding out?

May 5th
BoMama        Baby #3      Finding out

Edited by BoMama
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 10:31am
Thats is funny that our boys are pretty much a similar age. My two are 22months apart and I love it now but it was a tough first year hence why this gap is bigger took me ages to come around to even thinking about having another one. I will definately be finding out what we are having as I would love a little girl but will be happy with a 3rd boy. They are fun!!

I use to lurk on boards in my last pregnancies but decided to join this time, we are actually living in Rarotonga at the moment and don't know anyone preggers or even thinking about it so it will be nice to be in touch with others.
Do you have a preference for the gender? Did you try any of the tricks?

Missara- congrats on your first pregnancy it is such a cool exciting/scary time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>