FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwellington midwife, good with PND/PTSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wellington midwife, good with PND/PTSD
    Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:12pm
Anyone in Wellington know a midwife who is really good at dealing with women that have/had depression and PTSD related to previous pregnancies/births? I know someone who is traumatised by her previous experiences with hospitals/births and she is 6 weeks pregnant with her third baby (VERY unplanned).

At this stage she is unsure about whether she wants to keep the baby or terminate, because of the mental health issues last time.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Sponsored Links

squeak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:11pm
I had a fantastic midwife for my second pregnancy and I still had pnd from my first child. She was very understanding and patient- she said I could call her anytime day or night- she really was great!
Her name is Wanni Tam- she is with the group of midwifes that have their rooms above the Johnsoville Medical Centre in Broderick Road, Johnsonville.
 Post Reply Post Reply