FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome September 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
Author
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 4:47pm
I called my midwife from last time straight away, I was really worried I wouldn't be able to use her again because we've shifted towns, was so excited when she said she would still have me :) think the good ones do get booked pretty quick though, but there are lots of good ones out there :)
Oh Jaimee that does sound a bit disappointing, hopefully the scan will say you are further along!

I've had quite a bit of nausea the last 2 days, so yucky! Especially while potty training! And sore boobs, even if I have the shower pressure on too much! Feel fat already too but I have been a bit of a piggy lately
Sponsored Links

Mrs Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 6:15pm
Jaimee 1-2 weeks from your last period you probably haven't ovulated, so they must be counting from somewhere else. The scan should clear it up. Babies don't show up in the scan before 5 weeks (sometimes later), so if it doesn't show anything you might have ovulated late.

D when I found out I was pregnant with #1 I got a list from the Birthing Centre straight away and called one whose name I recognised, about 6 weeks along. I got the impression from her that I was enthusiastic! I have friends who waited until 12 weeks and didn't have much trouble finding someone. I know what you mean about it not feeling real, I was stunned for the first week!

Jan '13
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 7:00pm
Jaimee, I'm with the others on this one - hopefully the scan will be able to tell you how many weeks you are. 1-2 def doesn't sound right unless they count from conception which I don't think is very common though.

In regards to MW's I think it depends where in the country you are. I think Christchurch for example is very bad as there is a shortage. I think Auckland should be ok. 
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Jme88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 7:23pm
Thankyou ladies ill be posing once we've had the scan to see when we are due!
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 8:14pm
I reckon they mean 1-2 weeks pg as in from when you period is due. Which would make you 5-6 weeks. I guess you will soon find out though!
I didn't get my blood results today so hopefully the nurse will ring me in the morning. Was getting a scan next Tues but realised I'd double booked myself so its now tomorrow at 1pm
Jme88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 8:21pm
Cool! I did have the option to have one tomorrow to but I guess if I'm not that far along I'm better to wait till next week so we hopefully will see something! Are there many writers in this month based in Hamilton? Where is everyone from?
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 8:30pm
Exciting BG! Hope you get to see something tomorrow then!

I'm from Auckland.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 9:08pm
I doubt it Sem, way too early! Probably a sack? And hopefully just one! I think my doctor is just being over protective, I don't think my hcg levels are that high - well within the normal range. But she did say I'd get another early scan a bit further down the track so that will be good.
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:58pm
Hi All,

Just took a HPT tonight and got a BFP - not sure of LMP but fairly sure of conception day (first day TTC for number 2!) i'm fairly sure anything a week after that would not show as obviously?

I put myself at around 4 weeks 4 days... Due September 14th.... Eeeeeek... I'm quite shell shocked as I didn't expect things to happen so quickly so now can't sleep!
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by babygiraffe babygiraffe wrote:

Had a tiny tiny amount of brown spotting this morning. Argh, I hate this part so much. Its gone away now so hopefully its just implantation. Getting more bloods today and a scan tomorrow. Although they wont be able to see anything! I think my doctor just wants to see how many are in there! I don't have the twin feeling, know its just one! Hope everyone else is doing good

I had this yesterday as well, assuming implanatation as our dates are VERY similar I think :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:49am
Hcg only went from 2750 to 4900 which isn't quite doubling. Trying to keep positive but its hard when you already had 3 m/c and kind of know what to expect. Although if I put the amounts into hcg calculators online they come back as being normal. Oh well, scan today so will see what they can tell me. Wish me luck
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:55am
Sending lots of positive vibes your way! When is your next blood test?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 10:12am
I'm not having anymore Sem, they completely do my head in. I'll have a scan today and then another one around 7-8 weeks (if I last that long!) and see what the outcome is. I know in my heart something isn't right now - I never spotted this early with any of my pregnancies.....even the ones where I miscarried! Stink
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 10:18am
I agree these tests are very stressful. Hope 1pm comes around quickly for you and you get to see a more reliable result. Although that may not be the case as it is still so early Unhappy
Will be thinking of you Hug
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 11:09am
Yay good luck for scan today!!! Jme88 I'm from Hamilton, well nearby anyway and I totally recommend Julie Jessen, she's my midwife and was with my son too. She's AMAZING! But my friend is using Lee Hugh's and apparently she's pretty cool too. Lots of good ones in Hamilton though, good luck
So what do you really see at a scan around 6-7weeks? I've never had one before and stupidly thought it would be similar to the 12wk one glad I've been on here or I would've been a lil disappointed at mine next week.....
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 11:11am
I spotted at 6wks with my son, turned out to be nothing but I've miscarried before so I freaked too. Hope everything is good with your bubba!!
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 1:01pm
Good luck today, the waiting game is really hard :) I'm not sure I like knowing about this one so early. I didn't know with my daughter until 7weeks 5 days...
Mrs Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 1:12pm
With my son I had a scan at 6 weeks (+3 I think) and I saw a sac, the fetal pole (line that develops into a spine) and his heartbeat. We saw the heartbeat first from a distance and it looked like he was flashing on and off like Christmas tree lights. We made jokes about our baby Christmas tree until we had the 12 week scan!

With my son I spotted at 5 weeks, with my miscarriage no spotting until it was all over. Spotting doesn't always mean something's wrong. FX for you BG!

Jan '13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 2:42pm
Hi girls, just home from my scan. TWO sacks Good grief. To think I've joked about twins for so long! Hahah...
Scan lady couldn't see any yolk sacks though and she did say that she would've liked to have seen them at 5 weeks. They are in separate sacks though so that is one good thing.
I'm not feeling very positive at all....which isn't good, I wish I could feel more optimistic. I'm not sure if I should have more bloods done or just wait it out for a couple of weeks and see if anything changes on the scan. Time will tell I guess!
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 3:16pm
Wow TWO SACKS!! Mixed news though, really hope all is well with them both! Maybe they are just taking a lil longer cos there are two... Is hard waiting and not knowing though. Feeling for you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>