FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtoilet training anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 6:37pm
Heres a bit of a laugh for you ladies doing the TT thing at the moment. Our cats toilet trained Christopher. He was about two-ish and out the front of our house and came inside with no pants on one day and proudly announced that he had done poos in the garden. I was mortified and went looking for it and sure enough - there it was in the garden. He thought that was where you did poos cos thats what the cats did!! It was hilarious - esp the next time he did it and DH found him squating in the garden
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 8:11pm
Jake has started crying and coming to me saying Poos, mama when he's done poos and wanting to sit on the loo (you know, shuting the stable door after the horse has bolted...)I think we are getting close..
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 9:09am
bump....
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:31pm
wooohoooo!!!

we had some success today with gabriel doing poos in the toilet all by himself at his own instigation. Yay!
i was at the clothes line and i could hear him yelling and when i asked where are you he said in the bathroom, uh oh i thought... i went in and he is sitting on the loo and he points in there and said Look! ever so proud he was too. and so was i...

Ahhh the things a mother is proud of..!!     
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

Jake has started crying and coming to me saying Poos, mama when he's done poos and wanting to sit on the loo (you know, shuting the stable door after the horse has bolted...)I think we are getting close..

Annie this is where Briona is now at, how is Jake getting on now?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 5:20pm
toby tells me when he has done poos but hasnt indicated he wants the toilet.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 5:22pm
Oh yeah, I meant to say here than Han is out of night nappies! Yay! I've been putting it off for so long, keeping her in nappies even when she's been dry, and finally decided to scrap them when she started wanting to wear knickers. Anyway, I take her to the toilet just before I go to sleep and it's been working well!!

Sorry for jumping in Theresa. I just wanted to be publicly proud of my little girl!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 5:24pm
Oops, just read the rest of the posts.

Well done Gabriel!! He sounds like he's on track now
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 6:10pm
Yay for hannah!!!!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 6:45pm
np Nikki, all in different stages - although I'm a little jealous that my Hannah isn't there yet. Well done for yours!
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:43pm
I'm a bit confused and I am in need of your thoughts on the matter.

Miya(21mths) has started taking her nappy off at every chance, she also has been taking me by the hand to the toilet after she has pooed in her nappy.
Anyway I have tried putting her in knickers and she would decide to sit on the toilet but won't stay on there for more than 20secs despite books and songs, once she is off the toilet less than 5mins later she wets herself and gets upset.

I feel it could be a bit soon to start TT but she is so keen I'm not sure what to do.

Any ideas?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:49pm
maybe keep her in nappies but put her on the toilet or potty (whichever you are going to use) as often as possible too ...we make a routine of going to the toilet before a bath for both boys...
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:24pm
helen21 jack went through that stage about 6mths ago i think and i thought about starting TT. i put him on the toilet as often as i could, mostly at nappy changes and in the morning and nights.
then we left it for a while and started full time TT about a month ago. i think giving it that little bit longer to wait has made it alot easier for him to get the grasp of the toileting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:28pm
go gabriel and hannah!!!

out of nappies at night hannah...what a clever girl!

GandT...it is sad the things we are excited about as parents isn't it!   jack is doing really well with his TT, will tell me he wants to go to the toilet but not to great with when he wants to do poos
oh well, it will come.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 8:30am
Helen that's about where Briona is at, except that she can't take her nappies off . I put her on the loo when she asks, so it becomes familiar, and sometimes we have got some twinkles in there! And then change her. She's becoming more aware of when she is doing stuff (not when she's about to, though) and doesn't like partly-wet nappies (which didn't bother her at 1yo). So it's an early stage, just run with it but keep the nappies on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 8:49am
Yeah, like the others said, don't expect too much from her at this stage but praise her a lot when she does do stuff. She'll start getting the idea and later will recognise before she has to go (tho even Hannah still struggles with this when she's too busy to go! argh!)
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 9:54am
Thanks for the advice, I was just watching her this morning and she wanted to go on the toilet straight after Chloe went on it so I'm thinking maybe it's her just wanting to copy her big sis instead of wanting to TT.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 10:21am
ok, time for my big mummy brag.........this morning, jack came and said 'need to go toilet' and off we went....he did #2's!!!!!!

i was so excited, i'm pathetic he's never told me he needs to go BEFORE he did poos in his pants so it's a great start to the day. i think he may have this TT thing sussed now after about a month or so.

i'm taking him to farmers to get a mush a belly today because he filled his reward chart for dry pants all week

Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 10:31am
That's great! he's all grown up now!
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 10:07am
hehe this is gonna drive me insane, Miss m is in knickes today and has been on the potty once in the past hour, and keeps whipping her knickers off and sitting on the potty which is a good thing! Her brother was really hard to train but he got it in a week night and day all at once which was great but not sure I'm ready for this hehe!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>