FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I........?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I........?
    Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:18pm
Ok so I know getting lot's of thing's for a birthday is not impotant, but we are totally skint and it is Alan's second birthday nextr wensday so we have decided to treat him to a day od outing's we might go to the pool'a that kind of thing. I do feel really sad tho I wanted to do the party thing, but it is jsut not going to happen this year. So I guess my qquestion is waht other idea's have people got I can do to make it a special day for him. ( ohe we are goign to do this all next tuesday scence it a public holiday Oh and Mummy's birthday.) I feel very sad for my wee man even tho he is not going to know Mummy and Daddy did not get him anything it still feel's a little wrong.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:36pm
Deb for Hannah's second birthday we made a cake, had chippies and drink and invited one other family around for afternoon tea.

But as far as free outings go, it mostly depends what he enjoys. Pool, park, picnic?... lol they all start with 'p'. And again you could meet another family you know - with someone about his age - to meet you there. Low key, relaxed, cheap

(And if you set aside just $1 a week - or however much you want - from now until his 3rd birthday, you'll have $50 for it.)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:36pm
Cake! They love it!

And seriously... Alan will not mind.

I was considering giving Han just a $5 tea set for her birthday... but then got carried away in the Warehouse and bought a few other things. But what does she play with most??? The cheap tea set!

It's more about having fun than lots of presents. I think people feel bad when they hear about other kids getting heaps... but I think it is perfectly normal to be given a small gift and just have a special day together
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:37pm
my older sister often does bring a plate things - what about that - get together mummies from coffe groups invite them all to bring a plate - or have a BBQ with the same idea.. everyone brings a plate - alot less expensive - ie.. pretty much free, you still get the party without the expense.

another thing could be a picnic lunch at the pools with mummy and baby friends - again, everyone brings their own picnic lunch or something to share and you just bring the cake, everyone has a fun time swimming - no clean up required, only thing you have to pay for is to get into the pools for you guys and a cake.. I have a few ideas for really quick easy inexpensive cakes to make in 5 mins (literally, 5 minute microwave cakes) chuck me a PM if you want...
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 9:54pm
Prezzies at this age is really overrated. I realised it with my own daughters first birthday. She doesnt play much with the big stuff we bought at all.

I think you are on the right track with a day out for him. Get him an ice cream or something. He will enjoy it.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 10:18pm
balls from the $2 shop as pressies would prob go down a treat anyway too - and cake and balloons... or whats his fave dinner - thats all i did for tobys first birthday.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:20am
at playcentre, my friend bought the coolest cake! she got a tub of icecream, poured spribnkles on it, and wrapped a sheet of birthday paper around the tub - stuck in a candle - and voila!! best cake ever! kids loved it. be sure to get some cones though.

as for presents, it DOES feel bad, but only we feel it. Alan won't care at all or remember. And most people would iunderstand competely, especially as xmas has just been and I'm sure Alan is still used to the novelty of those presents.   If you still feel bad, why not save a couple of dollars a week, and have a "half birthday " for Alan in July -
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:59pm
They are all right birthdays at this age are over-rated they really do not get the birthday thing till they are 3 and then they still don't really care much, Braedon didn't anyway, he really only got christmas this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply