FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOk, so i put it out there.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok, so i put it out there.....
    Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:03am
Most of you will have been following our happenings anyway, with the failed vasectomy etc.

Having this pregnancy, had made me realise how very very much i did want a 3rd, and i thought it had made mike realise how very much he really didn't.

but i could not keep it any longer, i asked him last night, seriously, if the thought was that unbearable.

we had a bit of a chat, he had been getting used to the idea of it "because i had to, it was a reality" however i remindedhim, our girls are wonderful, we are good parents, we have beautiful babies and that i was putting it to him that it had made me realise i did want one more, i feel we have more to give, i always felt like there was another baby out there waiting for us, when i found out i was preg i just felt so much more peaceful, i knew that i did not want any more after this one, our family would be complete... then it all turned to custard. I am back to that feeling of "we're not quite finished" I don't want to try and replace our baby we have just lost, and i don't think anything will take that hurt away. I just know that for us, i don't want the gap to be too large, and it would have to be in the next year and a half.   

So i told him all this, and put it to him that who was to say that by the time i had had two "normal" cycles after this that his swimmers wouldn't have given up the ghost and finally gone away, but i let him know my thoughts.

HAve left it this morning, he was deep in thought last night, when i asked him what he was thinking about he reluctantly said that he was actually thinking about the whole idea.

Am not crossing fingers, but being realistic.

Will give him time, see what the reports etc say about this, and go from there. In reality i think i would prob say to him that give it a go until christmas, and if it's a no go in that time (usually preg 1st go, so if it took that long i'd know it wasn't meant to be i guess) then would flag it. if the same thing as this happened again, that would be another sign.

I'm just not ready to give up, we have another out there waiting for us, i know there is.

so after saying i'm not crossing my fingers.. well, i guess i am. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:14am
I can kind of relate to where you're coming from. I'd like one more, not any time really soon, but at some point in the next few years, but Willie is adamant that he is done. And I can see his side of it, he's older, has older kids already etc. etc. but still the longing is there. Maybe I'll get over it as the babies get older, maybe I'll be able to convince him to have just one more, who knows?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do, I hope that you and Mike are able to work thru things and come to an understanding whichever way things go.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:22am
I can see things from his side too, two is managable, easier etc, our girls are great.   I just know from my side, that this isn't going to go away. it's going to keep eating at me, hence why i thought "if i don't ask i'll never know"

I know paris would be a great older sister, she has shown me that. She is so concerned still for baby, it has really upheaved her this whole thing. She asked me the other night that if our baby is an angel in heaven who tucks it in at night? that was a curly one.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 11:12am
I said to hubby the other day that i just didnt feel finished with the whole baby thing and he said 'what do you mean you dont feel finished, how do you feel finished' I guess its a female thing. Ive always only every wanted two children and now i have my two im just not so sure, he however is happy as things are and the thought to have another doesnt even cross his mind.

Fingers crossed you get the answer you want!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 11:29am
I worry sometimes that I'll never be "done", that I'll just keep producing and producing until I can't anymore (yes I know I said I never wanted to be pregnant again but...) but a friend of mine who just had #4 (she lost bub # 3 to SIDS at 6 1/2 mths ) says she never felt done after #3, but now with #4 she looks at her and knows absolutely that she doesn't want/need anymore, and she's at peace with her family as it is. So I hope I come to that one day too.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 11:44am
it's funny how you just get that feeling.    I always used to go by my dream i had just before i got preg with paris, where there were two little kids playing, one actually the splitting image of paris but i thinkt he hair was blondish more, but had the curls and the big blue eyes and all. the other one that was playing i always thought was a boy.. lol going by that ayja shouls have been a boy. so maybe things aren't quite what they seemed. but i always went by that, i always thought 2. until now, until the vasectomy when i realised that i didn't just want two. scary thing is, however much i wanted it, even before i had that scan the first time, i somehow couldn't see us at the end of the 9 months with a baby.. i just felt so different and not right like i knew somehow it wouldn't happen.    but i can somehow see now, us planning and trying and having that #3/4 baby..

weird

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:03pm
I have not really read much of hte post's, but I get what you mean about the jsut knowing you are not done yet.  load's of people ask so you going to have anymore?  I promptly answer with a yes of course.    Any chick i hope you get hat yo ureally desire.  I think you and Mike are great parent's.   And like you say you have such beautiful children.
Deborah Mum to:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:16pm
I thought this might be the case for you Janine. I hope you do get your #4 sometime. Don't feel bad about it seeming like you "want to replace #3", it's not like that at all. Krystiana was not a replacement for my #3, she's separate and I still sometimes wonder what #3 would have been like etc, but I also know that if I had had #3 then I couldn't have had Krystiana.

Gosh what a jumble, I know what you're saying although my DH doesn't feel "finished" so I'm not dealing with that side of it.
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 6:57am
We decided after Jayden that he was the last, but by the time he was 6 months I had that nagging feeling that we weren't done so I know where you are coming from. It took a lot of convincing DH as he thought I had lost the plot, but I just knew I was supposed to have another one. Hubbys biggest concern is that I would always want another one!

So after a few years he gave in and we had No3 and I can gladly say that I now feel totally content and feel that my family is complete. The nagging sensations have gone and I think babies are cute but I no longer get that ache when I see mothers with them. Abby is now over two and I don't regret deciding not to have any more.

So good luck Janine I sincerely hope you get your No4 you to Emma.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 6:34pm
Oh I'll get my own way - it's just a matter of when
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 7:17pm
just think, could nbe 4 & 5 Emma. they say the chances of having twins again is pretty high..
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 7:41pm
haaaaaahahaha
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 7:45pm
No. No it's not. I would shoot myself.

My girls are identical tho, so they're a freak of nature rather than genetic.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 9:43pm
now THATS soething to tell them when they get bigger
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 12:26am
lol i love when we get parents in with girl boy twins and one of the relatives asks us.. "so are they identical?" it's like, noo, they're a boy and girl... "yes, but are they identical?" argh!!

that and we once had someone ask if babies cry in chinese.. lol.. (ok, so off the subject) but yes we get interesting questions.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:04am
Originally posted by mum2paris mum2paris wrote:

lol i love when we get parents in with girl boy twins and one of the relatives asks us.. "so are they identical?" it's like, noo, they're a boy and girl... "yes, but are they identical?" argh!!

Next time tell them they are identical and you really struggle to tell them apart....see how long they take to work out their stupidity.....mind you some people never do
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:00am
I've had people ask me whether they're identical, and when I say yes they're like, "Oh, so a boy and a girl". Yes. They are identical. But they are different genders

My personal fave is when they are all dressed in pink and I get "oh, so two boys then?" I've been know to be particularly evil and say "yes, two boys, their names are Mercedes and Sienna" and watch them try to figure that one out

Sorry. OT.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:12am
some people.. are, just too hard to put into words.

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:34am
lol!!! crying in chinese, I have tears from laughing!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 3:04pm
I know this is going to sound really dumb but when I was younger I thought that everyone THOUGHT in English but SPOKE in different languages
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>