FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFertility Plus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fertility Plus
    Posted: 14 June 2007 at 6:40pm
I'm just wondering if anyone here has been through them as their treatment provider, and how you found them. Oh, and I can't google a website ... do they have one??
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 6:47pm
Fertility Plus Unit at National Women's

'Ere ya go.

Can ya tell I'm bored?
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 6:49pm
You're a gem! (do they have a kissy-face smiley face in the emoticons ...? )

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 7:11pm
When I worked at NWH a few years ago, I had a fair amount to do with the people who worked at F+ and they were all really lovely. Obviously I have no idea if any of them are still there.....
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:11pm
Thank you for that Simsam, it's really good to know... I'm a little scared about the idea of F+ being a clinic as such, and possibly not as good as FA, but I don't know much about it, so thought putting feelers out was a good place to start!
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:09am
Hi ginger, Havn't got a chance to reply to your other thread coz i'm off to work but i will on my lunch break or after work but.....I'm with fertility plus i have found them good so far very helpful and for the appointment we went to at the beginning of the year they seemed to know what they are talking about, you have alot to do with the nurses by phone and they are great at returning the phone calls you leave. But I dont have anything to compare them too as i have not gone to FA, but from my Point of view they seem fine (so far). Hope this helps

Edited by noodle

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:19am
oh and one more thing before i head off Our GP sent our referral off to them in the middle of December and they rang us between christmas and new year with an appointment for mid Jan so the wait for the first appointment i thought was pretty good

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 8:43pm
Thanks Noodle - that's great! I'm not sure that we'd need any appointments, as we've paid for these and done tests etc through FA ... but here's hoping that whatever happens, the next stage doesn't take too long!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:13pm
I've thought about it some more... and if you get on the pubbo waiting list and end up going private, Fertility Plus can't be that bad right? I mean, they do get people pregnant, surely. So the unit/clinic may not be as fancy was FA, but providing they can get a little tiny baby dot growing then they'll be good enough.

P.S. That waiting time (or lack of!) sounds great!

But anyway, that's just my opinion (from the poor student type... can ya tell? ). You have to be comfortable with whoever you have as its going to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride of emotions, I'll bet.

Good luck Ginger!!
JB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 10:37pm
Hi Ginger

We're with F+ and have been for 3 years. I've found them to be lovely (even if they haven't managed to get rid of me to the maternity floor yet!!!) - not that i've got anything to compare to...i guess it will be harder if you already have something/one to compare to..

Anyway - we went on the IVF waiting list with them in Feb and we are starting IVF in August - so only a 6 mth wait time.....it might be quicker than you think

GL with whatever you decide
 Post Reply Post Reply