FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYAY paris is two!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 9:26pm
Happy belated birthday Paris!

Wow your cakes look amazing! I've been decorating cakes too..as a hobby as well, couldn't do it full time, it's too much work.

Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:33pm
where did you do that neat pic you have in your signature... it's online scrap-booking isn't it? I do the real thing but wanna find an online site.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 10:51am
This is the cake I made for Ella's 1st bday.. it was the 2nd cake I'd ever decorated.

Tried the ready to roll icing but too annoying to work with. Do you use those jelly icing tubes to write on the cakes or just a pipe icing bag?

Edited by meow

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 10:57am
Oh cr@p.. sorry that pic is so big! It said it was resized in photobucket, but it's still showing up as huge here

I downloaded some free software from this site http://digitalfreebies.com/topsites/index.php

You will need quite alot of space to store it on your computer, or you could burn it to a CD and use it from there. I was intending on making "real" scrapbook pages too, but it can get quite expensive. The only thing about the digital ones is that you have to find an A3 sized printer to print them out full size.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 1:02pm
i go to spotlight and usually a set of pages.. ie, 2 pages plus a sheet of glittery paper to go round pics, and a sheet of themed shickers cost me about $8 all up. i do that every few weeks and grab all the stuff i need to do so i can do sets of pages... haven't got round to putting many in the book yet, cos i keep forgetting to buy the darn glue!!!

i just use a piping bag... hey your cake is really neat, i have a whole heap of cake decorating books and there's one in one of them that is pretty similar to the one you've done. there's a site that i submit pics to (have just started) called coolest-birthday-cakes.com, where you send your pics of cakes in... you should submit yours.

here's a few i did for my nephews a couple of years back... they are my favourites from all the ones i have ever done. pokemon and spiderman.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 4:48pm
oh my gosh. they are amazing. you must have a whole lotta patience!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 8:57pm
nup, not a bean..... I'm just completely mad. lol

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 11:32pm
OOOh, if my dumptruck fails for jake i'll pay you to make another one!!!!!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 4:26pm
You are planning Jake's cake already???

What am I going to make Hannah? Luckily I'll be finished Uni so will have some time on my hands!

Just found out that my Gran is going to come up from Ashburton for Han's birthday. I'm starting to get excited because I think it's going to be quite big!!!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 6:39pm
sounds fun! we had a huge one for Paris's first birthday... extended family and all - never agin.. was nice to have them all there, but definately not doing it again.. dunno what we'll do for Ayja's first birthday

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 12:06am
OOOOh yes Nikki. I';ve been thinking about Jake's birthday cake since I bought the birthday cake book....when he was six weeks old.
It's kinda sad but I also would plan my own birthday cake for about six months before my own birthday. Mum refuses to make me special cakes now. and it's just pathetic making your own butterfluy cake.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 2:05pm
LOL, last birthday I made my mum make me a cake! I put on a big sulk until I got one!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 6:54pm
oh, just realised that I know the names to those pokjemon that Janine made....and I knew them BEFORE i had children.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 8:28pm
lol scary and sad aye?! you know where i got the pictures from? MIKE'S pokemon handbook.... lol he was hooked, fair enough he was only 17, but come on.... he brought the handbook! lolol

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 10:48pm
yeah.. i didn't have a handbook, but I DO have the gameboy games....and I did look on the net to see how to catch the rare ones.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:59am
lol yeah i played my nephews ones a few times... they're pretty addictive.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:31pm
I have to admit I am a playstation addict... (or at least I was...)

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:58pm
yeah i like the sims, and theme park world. but funny... now i never get any time to play...

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:06am
OOoh, I love the sims. I used to like putting them in a room and taking away the door, and bed and flooring and toilet. Then don't feed them and they wet themselves and die. funny thing was the neighbours kept hanging outside until they died too, and then people came to mourn at their graves. weird.
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 7:56am
That is slightly sick lizzie....

I love naming the sims after me and Peter and playing happy families, lol, maybe I should just turn it off and live it for real, hahaha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>