FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAny ideas why??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlncassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlncassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any ideas why??
    Posted: 14 September 2009 at 10:44pm
For the last few days my wee girls urine has been giving off a very strong smell.

At first i thought it was just because the nappy leaked and went onto her clothes and dried, but tonight i went to tuck her in before i go to bed and i could smell the urine a metre from her!!!

Any ideas???

Could it be a kidney/bladder infection or maybe just change in diet?
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 7:11am
Could it be something she has eaten? Doesn't asparagus give urine a funny smell? Not sure if anything else does
Lindsey

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 8:19am
Because the weather is warmer, unless she's drinking more fluids her urine will be more concentrated so it will smell stronger than normal.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 12:58pm
it can be a sign she hasnt drunk enough water.

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 7:32pm
yeah i think it is the reverse flutterby (as bizzy says) - she needs to drink MORE....
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 7:35pm
To rehash my badly worded post, unless she is drinking more now it's warmer, she will be dehydrated which will concentrate her urine, giving it a stronger smell.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 1:15pm
tee hee flutterby - i didnt see yours when i posted but i got what you meant...

pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 7:17pm
I agree with the drinking more. Especially now it's getting hotter.

How much water would she usually drink in a day?

My DD's urine is clear and doesn't smell at all, she would drink (those drink bottles with a straw) anywhere between 2 and 5 a day! Plus a watered down juice with dinner.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlncassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 7:23pm
Roisin refuses water or juice and will only have her bottles of formula - which is a special formula for lactose intolerance called NEOCATE which has everything she needs in it.

She has 6 bottles at 180ml a day.

SOMETIMES i can get her to have 30mls water at lunch...over water to her in sippy cup every feed.
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 12:01pm
Umm If she is getting teeth then often the pee gets a strong smell. THis happens with my boy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlncassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 3:02pm
Yes - one big tooth coming through be swollen lump and its black - looks bruised.

Either a molar or canine not sure...
 Post Reply Post Reply