FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBack again :-(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back again :-(
    Posted: 10 March 2012 at 5:12pm
Sadly I'm writing with bad news. We are losing our precious baby - again.

I had a small amount of pink / red blood at 10am yesterday morning, and freaked out as it was the exact same day of gestation (11w, 5d) as my last MC started. I rung my former MW as my partner was about to see her for accupuncture and asked if she could listen for baby's heartbeat (as it was a week since my new midwife, who is 1 hour's drive away, had listened for the heartbeat). She agreed but we didn't hear it, she said that was still normal, but to go to the hospital and request an emergency scan. We really thought it over, as we didn't want to have scans, but decided to do it.

Went to Akld Hosp, and had a bunch of lovely doctors who did an examination and said my cervix was all good, definitely still closed, but with some surface cells that had bled. But we still decided to go ahead with the US, just to really set our minds at rest, we nearly didn't as I felt happy with the news about my cervix and the reason for the slight bleed. Had the scan at 4pm and was gently told that our baby had died at approximately 8 weeks, just the same stage as last time.

I'm still numb and in shock I think. We are being booked into the clinic next Tues if I don't miscarry naturally over the weekend. I am NOT keen on using Misoprostol (I've read such horror stories about the pain of the contractions and nausea, vomiting, diaroeha etc) or having a D&C (as Maori I want to take the baby & palcenta to bury it and they've told me it will likely be 'macerated tissue' which is just abhorrent to me - sorry for TMI).

So I have been to get some heavy duty herbs that bring on MC (and that I used last time to clear everything out), and have had full on accupuncture this morning - was very ouchy as she kept 'stimulating' the needles, and apologising. I'm really hoping that all works, I could feel slight cramps in my cervix area when I had the needles in, but I've had no blood yet. This is just an awful waiting game now.

I can't believe it's happening again, and on the exact same dates as in October. Just don't know what to do. Our donor (my partners brother), lives in the Caribbean and we spent all of our money bringing him to NZ last time - so we are totally broke. So the thought that we have no other attempt anywhere in the foreseeable future just really compounds the awfulness of our situation.

Any advice people have on natural miscarriages and how long you can safely wait before needing medical intervention would be greatly appreciated. (I know to seek medical attention if my temps go up or I feel awful or I start to bleed heavily etc.)

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Sponsored Links

joddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 6:41pm
So so sorry for your loss. Nothing anyone can say to mend your broken heart, but know that you're not alone.

I was very lucky that my MC was all natural and needed no intervention. I did light weeding in my garden...cried a fair bit a long the way...dont know if the bending worked or what. Don't know what the doc would have said. The midwife said to take it easy but I hated to sit still and just for the inevitable!

Look after yourself at this sad time. *hug*
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 6:45pm
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Big hugs to you

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
Grifanz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grifanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 8:24pm
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. It is a really sad time and hope you use the support to get you through this time.

I have had a mc and decided to use the misoprostol as I didn't want to wait for it to happen naturally and wasn't so keen on the D&C. My baby had died around the 8 weeks mark. It all went as smoothly as it could and only took a few hours The pain with the medication wasn't too bad.

I don't know how long you can wait before intervention is required.

Look after yourself

MandzG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandzG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 9:08pm
Hi Pepe-bebe. Just wanted to send hugs and support. I was in the September group with you before losing my bubs at about 8 weeks too. Take care and be gentle on yourself.

Edited by MandzG
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 9:16pm
Oh no, huge huge hugs & I hope you get to miscarry naturally.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
SethsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 9:49pm
Oh Pepi!
I felt like hugging the computer screen and hoping you could feel it.
What a journey you and your wife are going through! My thoughts are with you guys, I hope you are able to find a way to complete your family sooner rather than later.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 8:28am
I'm so sorry Pepi-Bebe!

I miscarried naturally not long after being told my baby had died. I dont know how long is safe but I imagine it'd be quite a while.

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
cal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 3:18pm
Sorry for your loss.

It can take quite a while to miscarry naturally. My first one I lost at 9 weeks and I started bleeding about 10 days after it stopped growing. 2nd one took about a week and number 3 took 4 weeks (stopped growing at 7 weeks but did not know untill bleeding started at 11 weeks).

Make sure you have some good pain relief on hand and buy some maternity sanitary pads. Also make sure you wear protection at all times because when you do start bleeding it can start very quickly and heavily.

Angel Babies: Nov 08/ May 11/ Oct 11/ Jan 12

DD: My beautiful 2 year old
DS: My big 4 year old kindy boy
Orca1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 7:37pm
Hi Pepi-Bebe

I am so sorry for your loss, its such a sad time.

With my first three m/c I waited for them to happen naturally and the 4th I decided to have a D&C. Waiting for it to start is tough, I hope that the herbs and accupunture speeds things up for you.

Take care
DD born 2008
Oct 2009, April 2010, Dec 2010, June 2011
7 x IVF/ICSI/PGD = BFN
Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 9:18pm
Hi Pepi-bebe,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss I hope you have lots of love and support to help you through this sad time. Big hugs

I had a missed miscarriage last year in September. Our baby had also died about 8 weeks and we didn't find out until our 12 week scan. I had no bleeding or any symptoms to indicate anything was wrong. I was carrying her around for a month without knowing she was gone and I was fine. I chose to have a D&C because it had been so long and nothing had happened and I didn't feel strong enough mentally to deal with a natural miscarriage.

I hope it happens for you soon and naturally as you wish. I also hope that you will have the chance in the future for another baby.

Take care lovely x
LuckyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 12:43pm
Hi Pepi-babe, I'm so sorry to read your sad news, big, big hugs.

On the advice front, I miscarried naturally at 10 weeks, heart beat had stopped at 6.5 weeks but I had no idea until I started bleeding and had a scan. The day after I started bleeding I miscarried completely at home. It went on for about 12 hours and I didn't need to go to the hospital, well maybe I should have but it was the middle of the night and I figured I could do it myself.

I hope it happens soon for you, look after yourself x

tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 1:05pm
hugs Pepi-babe, sorry to hear of you loss

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 3:31pm
Pepi-babe I am so sorry to see you are going through this for a 2nd time. My MC's have all been quite different 1st was a D&C 2nd was just naturally at around 7wks, but my last I found out at about 10.5weeks and decided to do herbs and accupuncture too. I think it took around 10 days of taking the herbs till the MC actually happend (although I could feel it was definately on it's way from a few days before). I'm not sure what is the "safe waiting" time is for MC's but I would assume everyone is different and it would depend on individual situations, my MW had said that she would give me 2 weeks till she thought we should look at our options.
If you do end up getting a D&C you should still be able to keep what they take they are never particually lovley when they refer to what you know as your baby, but it will mostly just be tissue but it that will be a pregnancy sack and it that sack your tiny precious one.

Sorry I think I have raved on a bit but if you want to know anything else about my MC with herbs please let me know I am more than happy to share.

Look after yourself.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 7:21pm
Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a cut and paste as I've been writing variations of the same stuff by email and facebook and text for days now!

I'm doing okay, the bleeding started on Monday and I had some pretty sore pain in the night Mon/Tues, then passed the baby at 6am on Tuesday. I'm still bleeding, but it was only heavy for the first half day. So I think I'm doing okay. I didn't use any pain relief, apart from a hot water bottle, but had started to learn some of the techniques for hypno birthing, so used the breathing exercises in the night and when I passed the baby, to calm down and not feel the pain too much.

I had ibuprofen here, but last time the baby passed with no warning and no pain till afterwards, so I kind of felt bad about that - like the I'd just let the baby slip away. So this time I didn't want to dull the experience with pain relief unless it got really bad. Maybe a bit mental, but I think it helped me to grieve better, to feel like it was some hard work to let go of the baby. And I feel pleased with my body for doing it naturally, at least it didn't let me down in that way. I don't know if you'll know what I mean, but that's how my mind is dealing with it so far.

I still feel really numb, whereas last time it was such a shock that I felt like the pregnancy and my dreams were just ripped away. I guess finding out the baby had died on Friday, then not actually passing till Tuesday gave me time to get my head around it more.

I'm normally a total waterworks, I cry at the drop of a hat, (especially when full of pregnancy hormones), but weirdly I've barely cried this time. I'm a bit scared maybe it will hit me in one minute and I'll be on the floor wailing...I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm not sleeping well though, haven't been to bed before 1.30am and last night it was 4am.

I had a lovely quote from my midwife who wrote: 'Your pain is the cracking of the seed that contains your larger self.'

Plus we've had huge support from our friends and family who are as shocked as us about this.

Thank you all for your kind words and helpful advice. x

Oct 11 & Mar 12
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 8:41pm
Aaaw Pepi-bebe, that brought tears to my eyes
I totally understand what you mean.

to you x

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 8:42am
so very sorry to hear that you're going through a mc again. xx

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 11:12pm
Oh Pepi-bebe. That is so unfair. I'm so sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply