FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternal Mental Health

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nukoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternal Mental Health
    Posted: 03 April 2012 at 4:53pm
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a Maternal Mental Health service that they would be willing to share?? Good or bad
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 5:57pm
Maternal Mental Health services vary greatly depending on where you live. Christchurch have an excellent service, they even have a mother and baby inpatient unit,...here in Gisborne the service consists on seeing a phycologist and thats it- they dont provide anything else.

Check out the PND forum
Nukoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 6:18pm
Thanks Kellz will have a look in the PND group
ScaredyKat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:22am
Ummm, my experience wasn't great, but in saying that, I think they have the potential to be good iykwim? Others I know rave about them.

I developed PND with my son (really only after a few weeks) and was referred by my gp. I was on the waiting for list for 2 months! By the time I actually got to see them my meds had kicked in and I was feeling much better. I needed them earlier!

I am now pregnant with my second and got referred "early" and basically because I wasn't showing any major signs of depression yet they weren't interested. So not pro-active, which I was hoping for.

Personally I think if you are on the "worse" end of the scale they are probably really good.
Nukoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:51am
Thanks for you reply ScaredyKat.

Some really mixed reviews on MMH, suppose ill have to just see what happens. its disappointing to hear that they were not proactive as "prevention is better than cure" and all that and i want to prevent it from happening again

Congrats on your pregnancy!!
 Post Reply Post Reply