FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s up with me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
staceyj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s up with me?
    Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:42pm
Hi everyone,

I'm not a regular on Oh baby but I would be greatful for some advice.

I have two beautiful boys ages 5 & almost 2.

Problem myself and my hubby are wanting to have another bubs and for the last yearish have not been using protection and we still have had no luck.

This has me baffled well and truely. Our first baby was not even on the cards so took us very very much by surprise, and the second we got preggers the first month trying.

If anyone has or is going through something similar I'd love to hear from you. Or if anyone has any ideas as to what's up with me your advice would be great.

I hope I don't sound rude or selfish by going about not being able to get preggers for the third time. I am VERY VERY greatful for my boys and my heart goes out to everyone trying to conceive.
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:49pm
Welcome

My first place to start would be charting to make sure ur ovulating! Alot of people tend to think that just because they get their period each month they must be ovulating, its not true and im a prime example of this (didnt ovulate for about a year)

After a couple of months of charting if your not ovulating i would go and see your GP and talk to them about the situation. Charting is great it lets you know where you are in ur cycle and can help with conceiving

I hope that helps

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 4:10pm
I can also relate - Maya is our big 'whoops' baby, and yet when we WANTED to get preg it took us close to a year too. I second what Jess says about charting - not only does it show whether you are actually ovulating or not, but also shows WHEN you are ovulating. I discovered I was ovulating later in my cycle than average so the first few mths we missed the boat on timing.
I also got preg first cycle using OPK's (ovulation prediction thingies) so can recommend those too.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 4:19pm
oh and for OPKs try trademe they sell them on there for wwaayy cheaper than the chemists and i also suggest bulk buying pg tests from overseas sooo much cheaper again! hehe
staceyj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:06pm
Hey thanks for you info. Can you tell me what is involved with charting etc..? My two boys came about very easily so this is all very new to me!

I wouldn't know where to start!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 10:19am
u just need a basal body thermometer which u can get from a chemist for like $10. and you need to take your temp at the same time every morning before you get out of bed and note down your temp. Only start the day your period starts

If you want to use charting software try www.fertilityfriend.com thats who i used and they were great
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:09pm
I also used fertility friend to chart. We had been trying for about five months and it wasn't until I started charting that I realised I ovulated later in my cycle than I had always thought. (not until day 17) I had assumed day 14.
The month I conceived I used OPks and I would highly recommend that you do that.
staceyj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:51pm
Well I have some great news. I'm pregnant!

It was a big shock but a pleasant one. Only bout 5 weeks so hopefully everything will go well.

Thanks for all of your advice etc....
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:02pm
Congratulations staceyj !! That's wonderful news.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:21pm
Congratulations!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:44pm
that's awesome news stacyj!!! congrats to you and your fella's

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:57pm
Congratulations stacyj! Come and join us in the Pregnancy threads...
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:15pm
Congrats!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:01am
Congrats!!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:42am
congrats. you'll have to add your date to the duedate list!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:55am
Congrats Stacey
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:55am
Yay thats great news - all the best.

staceyj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 4:29pm
Hey thanks guys for your kind words.

netballgirl4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netballgirl4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 4:17pm
haya staceyj if ur worried go talk to a dr good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply