FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat am I doing so wrong??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What am I doing so wrong??
    Posted: 28 December 2007 at 5:53pm
He just won't use the toliet he understands that wees and poos go in the toliet, but he just won't do anything I a starting to get really frustrated I put him back in a nappy today casue he was even quite happy wit ha poo in his undies. I have tried everything including bribes.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 6:09pm
Stubborn? Apparently boys train later then girls and can be more difficult. If I was you, I would put him back in nappies for a month and start again. Or let him decide each day if he will wear undies or nappies, so he feels like he has a bit more control of whats going on. Its so frustrating isnt it? Good luck.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 8:01pm
some kids train early - usually friends of your mother-in-law - and some train late. jake was fully trained at about 2.5years, but my gf's little boy has only really just started to get into it at over 3. I don't think you are doing anything wrong, except maybe getting a bit hung up on it. i think when Alan is ready, he'll be sweet (maybe point out some little friends who use the toilet). Something that worked with jake, not sure if you've tried it. A favourite stuffed toy who has to be "shown" how to use the toilet. We had a shrek doll we used to great success.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by aimeejoy aimeejoy wrote:

Stubborn? Apparently boys train later then girls and can be more difficult.

Well, this theory isn't true in my case. Gia is 2 yrs 2mths & will not go on the potty/toilet. I've been trying every few days with no nappy & she'll always wee or poo in her pants! Getting very frustrating.. although I shouldn't be too hard on her.. Rico was 2yrs 3mths before he was completely nappy free (besides his sleep). So here's hoping within the next month she'll be more on to it with going on the toilet!

It did seem that Rico was easier to train, but my memory could be failing me.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 9:37pm
I know it's easy for me to say, not going through it myself, but some kids just aren't ready until later and it causes much more stress (on the parent!) if you try and train them before they are ready...

So just go easy and don't hold too many expectations. I remember how frustrating it was for me and Hannah was (relatively) easy to train.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 10:09pm

I would leave it for a few weeks and then try again. Andrew did that and then a few weeks later he woke up and asked to go into undies and toilet trained himself over that week.

Have you tried a sticker chart, start one for going wees first and then once that is down pat move onto one for poos. Andrew loves his sticker chart from when he TTed.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 10:17pm
Thank's guy's I think we will just leave it for abit he starts kindy in the new year maybe seeing other kids will help. Man I love this site. So much great support.
Deborah Mum to:

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:27am
jack has only now got the hang of TT completely and we've been trying for about 4mths or so...... although in saying that, he did poo his undies yesterday and then tried to put it into the toilet, which resulted in poo drops all over the lounge floor

i'd leave it abit and start again, we did that with jack and when we re-started, we had more success and less stress

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:42am
i didnt hurry my girls- think form memory emma was about alans age when i started her, i waited till after kayla was born and things were settled (aswell as summer)
my wee niece whos turning 3 next month has not long been trained- just keep trying every now and then and he will click when he's ready keep it positive and excited when he does go.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 1:31am

I dont think you are doing anything wrong Debs! Best of luck with TT.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:26am
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

some kids train early - usually friends of your mother-in-law

aint that the truth....
or your MIL tells you 100 times a day that your DH was trained by 18 months....shame he isn't toliet trained anymore

keep up the good work hon, he will get it in the end

Edited by Spudling

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Spudling Spudling wrote:

Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

some kids train early - usually friends of your mother-in-law

aint that the truth....
or your MIL tells you 100 times a day that your DH was trained by 18 months....shame he isn't toliet trained anymore

keep up the good work hon, he will get it in the end

I wish my MIL was here to make comments like that or though she wouldn't only offer sound advice. ( soory that time of year again that I think about her).
Deborah Mum to:

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 3:12pm
thats right - i forgot yours was lovely!
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 3:31pm
MY MIL is wonderful and I wouldn't trade her in for the world but I do have to admit I get a tad sick of hte potty training and dummie references!

Deborah, it is hard time of the year when there is a gap at the table

Edited by Spudling

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 8:40pm
Thank's guy's I was prob being a little over sensitive just that time of year for us it is coming up to the annivarsy. It will be 2 year's and I just feel stink she missed out on that sort of thing, Sorry if you took me wrong I was not having a go. For me it my own mother to make those kind of statement's so I do still get them trust me.
Deborah Mum to:

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:07pm
just to reiterate - i didn't think you were being annoyed or anything, just stating that your MIL was a lovely lady who probably would have been a lot more helpful than some of the rest of ours (i shouldn't be too mean, as mine defintely has a good heart). I know you hvae been having a bit of a hard time so lots of HUGS for you Debs!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:13pm
Thank's Liz.
Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply