FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChickenpox vaccine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chickenpox vaccine
    Posted: 22 July 2008 at 10:43pm
I'm thinking about giving Gina the Chickenpox vaccine - has anyone done this for their child?

Sponsored Links

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 11:06pm
Yep I have - my son had it when he was around 10 months old I think... from memory it cost either $45 or $65, I can't quite remember.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 9:36am

I haven't had it done for the boys, but when I was a baby it was part of the immunisation schedule in OZ so I had it. Mum said that out of the 3 children she had (the other 2 didn't have it) I had the least amount of spots and they didn't annoy me as much.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 12:02pm
We didn't and my three big girls have all had chickenpox and it wasn't so bad. Over and done with.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 1:33pm
I havnt got DD vaccinated as I want her t have it and get it over with! So many kids at her Day carehad it but she didnt yet!

I had CP as a child and I wasnt vaccinate and you could hardly tell I had them...I think I have two very faint spots on my face...so faint that you cant even see them...if I didnt point them out.

I dont wanna jab DD as its not that serious!!

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 4:36pm
waste of money.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 7:10pm
I've thought of getting it for me but not for Daniel. I've never had chicken pox and I really really really don't want it as an adult.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 1:31pm
We are considering for our next after what our boy's went through they bot got it really really bad doctor's were quite shocked judt how many spot's they both had.   And afterward's alot of their spot's got infected and it took nearlly 3 month's to clear them. And becasue of Mikey's ezchema he took even longer to heal. And I am not sure we want to risk it again with our next specially if she has skin like Mikey's.
Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply