FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 13
    Posted: 09 December 2008 at 7:45pm
OMG my first baby is 13 today how did that happen.

I'm not sure I'm ready for a teenager. I so hope she's nothing like me, I was Trouble!!!

What were you like at 13 and the next few years after that ?
What do you wish your Mum had told you?
What do you wish your Mum hadn't done/said?

Do I really want to know anyway arrgggg

Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
Sponsored Links

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 4:51pm
Happy birthday Natasha ! wow Shaz! the mother of a teenager !

I was horrid, a right little b*tch ...actually , i still am a right little b*tch .
Bet Natasha will be lovely tho !

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:10pm
Happy Birthday Natasha!

My Gosh I remember being 13 - I used to be such a good kid Where did it all go wrong

I think the more my mum tried to push me in one direction the more I would pull the opposite I have no idea how I am going to deal with a teenage myself (fortunatley i ahve another 10 years) Good Luck!

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:36pm

I guess time will tell when our girls start college next year....OMgosh still cant believe I am going to be having to atttend college for parents things lol, doesnt feel like that long ago I was in class with her in my belly.....

Have you got everything set of College start next year?? We have a uniform fitting on Saturday. SHe is so excited but I am on the verge of cardiac arrest at the price *faints*

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 10:31am
I don't have a 13 year old girl, but we do have a 16 year old boy, whi is a bit of a handful.

The one thing I can reccomend is having clear boundries, open lines of communication and sitting down with her (when the time comes) and deciding as a family rules etc for parties and behaviour etc and all those teen nasties.

Unfortunatley too little to late here, as N lived with his mum until a month ago and no boundries or rules existed for him, and we are now cleanign up the mess of destruction that has caused, including our marriage.

I was pretty good, but I do remember being VERY hormonal and MOODY!!!
Remember that girls are NASTY and very cliquey and mean to each other. This will asue no end of problems, I am sure! I clearly remember it from my teen years.
A GREAT book to read is Queen Bees and Wannabes, which is a fantastic book about teen and pre teen girls and their little "quirks". I cnnot reccomend it enough!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 2:43pm

Thanks Fattarts. I was an angel teen apart from the teen pg thing but neer yelled at or swore at my mother......was too shyt scare to so I dont really know how this is all going to go. Hopefully like you say clear boundaries and open lines of communications (which we have both at present for how long who knows) will see us thru. I think because I was an only child I had no need to be moody where DD is already in WW3 with her lil sister.

Shaz how is your DD 13 with her younger siblings??

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 6:52pm
Natasha is a monster when it come to Alex they fight non stop and I know it's not alway Tash but she does know how to really wind up Alex and get her all distressed (and Alex can still throw so amazing tantrums arrggg)

She's mostly good with Alyssa but can get her over excited which is pretty frustrating.

I can see the drama's with her friends starting already but she's allot of them are going to different schools next year so there will be a whole new lot of friends to deal with. Ah I guess I can only hope that she will keep talking to me.

Fattarts I will look out for that book , thanks.

I wish I hadn't been such a monster maybe being a bit naive would be a good thing.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
 Post Reply Post Reply