FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedonline sales - which would you prefer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tamiem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: online sales - which would you prefer?
    Posted: 06 July 2009 at 2:35pm
Okay so still working on my email newsletter with online sales of baby, kids & maternity products.

I need your help:
Would you prefer to view advertisements about the individual products on sale, or the more general sales (ie 10% off) - or a combination of both?
Please answer on this page:
Individual Products / General sales / Both
and anything else you wish to add.

I'm thinking ... if I see a general ad (ie 10% off) I wouldn't really bother to look further (ie click on the link to see what's on sale) - where as if I see a photo of a specific product on sale (ie a really cool top for $5) then I can't resist it buying it!

Am I on the same brain-wave as you all? I'm wanting to design something that works for parents! (and that helps make life easier when trying to find bargains for our kids & our selves!!!)
The Sale Fairy is a weekly email newsletter, advertising online sales & specials for baby, children’s and maternity products.

www.thesalefairy.co.nz
info@thesalefairy.co.nz
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 4:16pm
both....but have you seen babybites.co.nz ? they do a similar thing
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 7:34pm

both

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
tamiem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 7:37pm
Yes thanks I'm familiar with Baby bites.
I am aiming to set up something that covers a lot more online stores and (depending on what people what) something that is a lot more specific to individual products.
Also the various products will also be grouped into separate categories to help the consumer (ie you don't have to wade through miles of clothes to find nappies).
The Sale Fairy is a weekly email newsletter, advertising online sales & specials for baby, children’s and maternity products.

www.thesalefairy.co.nz
info@thesalefairy.co.nz
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 9:44pm
Both

Also, I like the idea of products being grouped into categories.
Good luck!
paulainauckland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulainauckland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 7:49pm
both - but in these times 10% isn't much of a drawcard. Several types of discounting has been tried at work and it appears that viewing a price discount ie save $5 is better recieved - and our main market is your target market - family friendly females who do the majority of the household shopping.
best of luck!

Post Reply Post Reply