FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFrom Cot to Big Bed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Cot to Big Bed
    Posted: 11 July 2009 at 2:46pm
Hi All,

Well we are just starting to transition Ella 23 months into a big bed, but she is not keen and it is proving very hard work.

Are there any hints

Please help me aaaaahhhhh

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 3:20pm
The only real suggestion I have is if you still have the cot up, take it down. Daniel wouldn't wanna sleep in his new bed with his cot still up. Once that was put away out of sight it was much easier to get him to accept his new bed. Otherwise I think its really perserverance. Daniel still has weird daytime sleeps (cause I think he thinks he doesn't need them). I just shut the door and leave him to it and go in every once in a while and pop him back in his bed and leave again immediately
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 3:58pm
I have to agree with Stacey. We had left the cot up in Sam's room after being advised it was the nicer way to do it. It was a disaster. She loved being in her cot so of course would rather be in there than the big bed!
Once the cot was taken away she only had a couple of bad nights and then was fine.
In fact now she loves her big bed so much and actually asks for bedtime

The other thing we did was attached the cot bumper to the wall beside the bed and put her toys etc in the same positions they were in her cot. I think that helped her transtition alot to be honest.

Good Luck.

Post Reply Post Reply