FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToddler sunglasses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toddler sunglasses
    Posted: 21 September 2009 at 2:14pm
Just wondering what everyone else uses? I just did a quick google search and came up with BabyBanz which seem pretty good and fit the criteria. Has anybody used these?

I know we'll have issues with keeping them on so like the idea of the stretchy band

TIA for your help
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 3:25pm
we had some baby banz they are good but daniel always ripped them off
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 4:20pm
We could never get the tension right on them and they'd either dig into DD's face and leave marks or they'd keep slipping off. The band never sat right around her head either and it'd fold her ears down. We could tuck her ears in but that looked uncomfortable also. You might have a bit more luck then we did though.
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 4:25pm
We had some of these last summer & Liam would sometimes keep them on but other times he was set on pulling them off

But I'm sure some kiddies would comply & keep them on. They look pretty cute too
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:12pm
What did you do if they won't keep them on? I am a bit stuck really - he hates the suncover on the buggy and will kick it off and cry but hates having the sun is his eyes
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 5:24pm
i bought some sunnies for my DS, i saw the baby banz, but went to the chemist, and they had HI HOP ones for $13 (i think baby banz were $25 on trade me).
He keeps them on at the moment, but sometimes they slip off by themselves.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:35pm
We have babybanz and have the same problem as Freesia. Rowan has tolerated them a total of about 5 times and we've been trying them on her since she was about 5 months old.

They just seem to be uncomfortable in the way they're molded - they sit too flat so in order to stay on they push into the face.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 7:40am
I think they'd work a lot better if the frames had some kind of cushioning on them so something softer was pushing against their face.

Caro, just remembered that when out, I would just use a sunhat on Livvy to keep her eyes shaded (even in her carseat). But she doesn't pull those off generally so they were okay for us.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 8:12am
Do most chemists have the sunglasses?

We are going up the mountain in the school hols & will be taking Cooper up with us & want sunglasses for him.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 11:40am
Not sure about chemists but I saw some in BabyFactory yesterday They aren't BabyBanz but look pretty similar and had a sticker on saying they protected from UV.
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 7:08pm
I had baby banz for ben when he was a baby and he would leave them on but they did leave a mark on his face, he loves his regular sunnies they are just cheap ones from Pumpkin Patch but he wears them no problem since about 18months. I think he is a bit light sensitive I never had a problem getting him to wear a hat either as he hates the sun in his eyes.

I saw the baby bandz style ones in Pumpkin patch aswell.

Post Reply Post Reply