FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwalking on knees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: walking on knees
    Posted: 25 September 2009 at 8:50am
Hi Ladies

Jayden is 14 months old and isnt walking yet but has started walking on his knees! is this normal? and is this the next step before walking?
[/url]
Sponsored Links

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 11:59am
I think it is totally normal, not that its that common.
I had a friend with twins and 1 started walking and the other one started walking on her knees. Wasn't too long before she found her feet.

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 4:27pm
My DS walked on his knees for a few months and then went completely upright and started to run! LOL! I think he missed out the 'walking' thing.

I think its completely 'normal' for the very special ones
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 7:16pm
Yep my boy walked on his knees for about 5 months! In the end we got sick of it because he actually could walk but didn't. He just couldn't get up into standing.

So we spent one whole weekend helping him up to standing every time he was on his knees and he got much better at walking. After that it just took a few weeks till he was faster on his feet and then preferred it. He still sometimes walks on his knees but not often. Left to his own devices i think he'd still be on those bloody knees!

It's not an issue unless it goes on for too long (like years) and then can cause problems with achilles tendon shortening and knees.

denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:27am
Ava is 13 months and walks on her knees with her stroller, she just started it a couple of weeks ago!
 Post Reply Post Reply