FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water
    Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:51am
How much does you toddler drink? Water/juice/milk and anything else.

I'm just aksing because my boy seems to drink a heap of water.

Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:59am
water about 500 mls a day atm.. but when he was Daniel's age he still drank a bit of milk..he is sometimes offered one cup (200ml) of milk as well.. he drinks more when it's hotter.. he has never had juice ...all he has is water and milk sometimes.
Mum to two amazing boys!
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 12:48pm
So do you think this sounds like too much:

He has three BF's a day (don't know how much at each feed obviously)
Then at least three if not four or five cups of water.

I don't give him juice.
I give him the water cause he's always asking for it.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:43pm
nope i dont think so.. :)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:29pm
First - I don't think you can give him too much, if he is thirsty he's thirsty There is absolutely no harm in drinking lots of water and milk

I don't really measure how much DS drinks but somedays it is definitely more than others. Some days he sips water all day.

Are you worried that he has something wrong that is causing excessive thirst? I would use your instinct and see your GP if you are worried.
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:31am
Diabetes can cause excessive thirst but Jake drinks a huge amount of water and watered down juice during the day and our doc said it was totally fine (she did a diabetes test and was all good) and infact encourage it as a healthy habit.
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:01pm

Joel has 2 big bottles of milk and a cup of milk with lunch plus nomally goes through 2 bottles of water a day as well and i'm expecting he will drink more still as it warms up.

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:56pm
Hannah has two x 200mls milk a day and I'd probably refill her bottle (250ml capacity) at least 3 times a day.

Like others have said, it can't hurt and is a great habit for him to have

The only bummer is the large number of wet nappies

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:20pm
Chloe has at least a couple of cups of milk a day, as well as 3-5 cups of water, so it sounds similar to what she is drinking I think.

Although if you have concerns then give your Dr a call, it's an easy test to check for diabetes.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:21pm
Emily drinks heaps of water - she's constantly sipping throughout the day and I loose track of how often I top up her water bottle (300ml capacity). She just loves it. Has always loved her water since about 6 months when she would want to sip some water from my cup.

Juice (watered down) is only an occassional rare treat.

When she was your Daniel's age, she was having 3 milk drinks (regular blue top) a day, plus she had her water from her sippy cup which at a guess probably added up to about 500-600 mls a day. So no I don't think he's drinking too much. It's a good habit for them to enjoy their fluids - as they get older and start walking/running/climbing they need the hydration so it's good for them to know when they're thirsty and that they need to drink.

Missed MC July 2011
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 8:13am
Oh fantastic. It just must be that all the kids I know are small drinkers. Thanks for showing me its normal.

Post Reply Post Reply