FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked3 3/4 yr olds Moods!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 3/4 yr olds Moods!
    Posted: 03 October 2009 at 11:37am
Calling all mothers with girls over the age of 3!

I am unsure of what to do. Lucy has just started to become very bossy, hitting me, having trantrums, yelling to get her own way etc. Please tell me if this is a stage and does it ever end?!!

She is very possesive of DH and wants him to take her everywhere, the poor guy never has any time out and no time with Zoe.

Any suggestions on what to do! I am pretty stressed out and feel like such a bad mother as I am not liking her very much at the moment!
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 3:20pm
Sorry no advice

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 5:42pm
Hormones!!!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:06pm
3/4 yr old girls are pretty unbareable sometimes - no advice, just ride it out, put boundaries in place, and don't let them play you and daddy off against one another - it gets old very fast when she does the i love mummy and will cling to her, or more often it's i love daddy and mummy sucks kinda thing.... hang in there, it gets... not exactly better, but it gets different as they get older, lol.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 11:24pm
**Shudders**

Ditto what Janine says!

But OMG little girls can be so rude & mean to their parents. You have to get a thick skin cause boy can they work their lil feminine wiles!

Time out, sticking to your guns & laughing at their tanty's will get you through (obviously not directly in her face)

The best is when both parents are in the room & they say but Mummy says & then Daddy say back, no I didn't hear Mummy say that, & then she tries Mummy, but Daddy says....and so on! As long as you guys as parents "parent" the same she learn fast, if not...

But in all seriousness. Time out & removing her will hopefully help. She hits you, warn her, she hits you again straight to time out. If she yells, tell her to use her inside voice. If not, tune out if possibly & ignore her until she does or as above use time out. You will use it a lot.

With the DH thing...not quite sure what to do there. My DD could be quite rude & withhold emotionally from him which hurt his feelings. I think he needs to put her in her place. She's going to cry & get stroppy. Tell her to do it in her room and that you won't tolerate it.

They are old enough to know about their behaviour.

Also i notice my DD tantrums even now after she's had "bad stuff" in her diet. So see how she reacts after some "treats"
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 8:33pm
Maybe boys hit this stage earlier - sounds a bit like my 2 year old boy! haha.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply