FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan they eat too much?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can they eat too much?
    Posted: 12 October 2009 at 4:00pm
Hi Guys,

Jacob eats SO much, he'll have double that of what Eli eats for lunch & dinner. Eli has a good amount & then he wants to be put down to play whereas Jacob will stay in his highchair happily for another 1/2hr muching away (if not longer out of choice). Then when we put him down to play he just goes for the food that's been dropped by Eli & continues to eat that until he either goes to bed or we put him in his room to play. I don't want to discourage it as at the moment I can't see it doing any harm but It's continuous eating and he never stops out of choice.

I'm not too concerned as yet but wondered if anyone has a piglet too? Can't find anything on the net to show concern, most info. is about infants not eating.

ETA: just realised my ticker has a pict. of Jacob reaching out for what Eli's trying to eat - funny hay!

Edited by Twinboys2b
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
Sponsored Links

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 5:12pm
My boy eats like a horse too. Plunket said its fine and healthy. They say it'll calm down by the time he's two and then you'll be wishing he eats more but yes it does feel like they eat you out of house and home sopmetimes.

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:03pm
some days I swear Natalie is going to pop! Yesterday, the longest she went without food all day was about 15 mins, and she spent the whole day either grazing on food, or sitting down eating 'meals'. Other days she doesn't eat nearly as much. I figure my job is just to offer as much as she will have, and let her figure out if she's hungry or not.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:13pm
So good to hear, thanks guys. You've put my mind at ease.

I forgot to mention that I'm NOT enjoying nappy changing every few hours though - yuk!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:23pm
Spencer was like that, still is some days but he also now has his fussy toddler moments. Although having said that i think he would eat rice crackers non stop given the chance.

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 11:09am
Maddi is a huge eater! She will eat far more than Keira (and she isnt a bad eater either) and would probably eat forever if we let her.It doesnt even matter what it is, she will eat it. We have to make sure we never put out more food than we need as she has to make sure everything is finished off (even mine and DH's food).
I think as long as they are heating healthy and not just pigging out on junk food its not going to hurt them. Maddi is still tiny too!

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 11:29am
Jackson eats a lot. I have been meaning to post something like this for a while!

For breakfast he will eat a peach, or a banana, as well as two pieces of toast and a weetbix. Half an hour later he is in the cupboards asking for crackers or biscuits. He also poo's after he's eaten so I'm changing him up to 5 times a day

He's not overweight so I'm not too worried about him, I just wonder sometimes whether I should be limiting his food!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 1:48pm
ive had a few comments lately about Ethan wanting to eat all teh time but its mostly healthy and I'm thankful for a good eater.. so I try to think like you.. they eat what they need:) though other people try to tell me differently!
Mum to two amazing boys!
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 8:24pm
Thank god it's not just me, i thought Alex must have a tapeworm! He eats all his food and any others he can find lying around and then will be crying at the cupboard door an hour later for more.

Today i put out afternoon tea for 3 children and he ate it all bar 2 rice crackers. And this is one hour after having a whole museli bar which would fill me up. Then 45 mins later ate all his dinner, every single pea and bit of broccoli even. And then had a 250 mls bottle of milk. What on earth is going to come out of him tomorrow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by crafty1 crafty1 wrote:

... What on earth is going to come out of him tomorrow!

So with you there, I got a lovely raisen & corn surprise this morning twice over - he poops every meal now and often twice a meal yuk

I do wonder when do you have to look out for worms in children?
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 7:30pm
The little worms you can see in their poos and they scratch their bums a lot, but the big worms you never know. Sometimes if a child is losing weight but eating well it can mean a worm infestation. Not the case for my little fatty!

A friend grew up in Papua New Guinea and they were riddled with worms. She said when the worms die they leave you. They would cough and cough and feel this thing come up and then could pull it out. Big ones. How gross is that?! Oooo, and they also come out the other end too when dead.

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 3:41pm
DD was a at the same age (well still is). I asked a pharmacist about worms, but apparently we don't have any in the country that affect appetite.
 Post Reply Post Reply