FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedgrunting/squealing instead of talking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: grunting/squealing instead of talking
    Posted: 16 February 2011 at 3:38pm
DD can talk reasonably well. Not full sentences but enough so we both understand each other.

But this week she has started grunting & whining & squealing when she cant do something or wants something rather than asking me she will do this until i come to her.

Ive tried explaining for her to ask mum, she normally tries to ask then i follow her and she will show me if i dont know what she means. But this week has stopped and the above happens

Any ideas of ways to get her communicating again?? Its really starting to drive me nuts hearing these noises all day long
Sponsored Links

mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 7:48pm
DS does that sometimes, more often when tired. I think it's a bit different though as I wouldn't even say it lasts a whole day.
I stop, go down to his level, look directly into his face, tell him to count to ten (yeah, like he has a clue what that means), calm down and use his words.
I don't think he knows what I'm saying, but if I can manage to get eye contact out of him he generally re-sets and has another go at telling me what he wants.
Or I walk away. That sounds like I'm a bad mum, but sometimes walking away also makes him realise he needs to behave better to get a response, or he chucks a hissy for 5 min, then calms down and has usually forgotten what all the fus was about.
 Post Reply Post Reply