FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLife after miscarriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Life after miscarriage
    Posted: 30 April 2007 at 7:57pm
What a great idea.

I had a suspected miscarriage 6mths ago....i say suspected as poas tests were neg...and just as i was to go for bloods i started bleeding. (i was 7wks)...and as Rhiannon was really sick that weekend by the time i managed to get to the doctors myself it had stopped.

I had 2 miscarriages before i got pregnant with rhiannon and they are really heart breaking.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that it was my bodies way of telling me that something was wrong with the baby.

so technically i hve a beautiful baby girl and 3 little angels...who i believe will come back to me one day.

Life does go on after a miscarriage...it has too...time does heal the pain but it doesnt take away our hopes and dreams.

Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Kazzle Kazzle wrote:

so technically i hve a beautiful baby girl and 3 little angels...who i believe will come back to me one day.

What a beautiful way to look at it
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:14pm
I agree Kazzle, our wee angels are up there playing together

I have two angels, one that went to heaven at 8w6d in 1995 and one that went to heaven on the 2nd January 2006.

I truly believe that things happen for a reason, if I hadn't lost my first pregnancy I would have been in a completely different place and time and might never have met Willie and had Maya. And if our last wee angel had lived we wouldn't have been blessed with the gremlins. I still think about my angels often tho.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:53pm
I had a m/c in feb I was 7w5days, I got over it pretty quickly but now wonder if I did too quickly, we are still gonna try for no 3 (watch this space!) but I have decided that if I have another m/c then I will not try again as it is just too hard.. and I have two happy healthy children, I really admire women who have a number of m/c and then get a healthy bubba. I also believe that things happen for a reason and that is your bodies way of dealing with something that is wrong. Big hugs to everyone that has had to go through this experience it is something I certainly thought would never happen to me after two successful pregnancies.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 9:16pm
I certainly didn't deal with my last one very well. At the time all I was worried about was getting pregnant again as our angel had taken a year to conceive. I did get pregnant again very quickly and I think in hindsight it was too quickly as I had an extremely anxious and stressful pregnancy (partly coz it was twins so higher risk but also because of my state of mind), difficulty bonding with the babies, and a resurgance of the clinical depression I've had on and off over the past few years.

Altho I'll never know whether I would have had an easier run if I'd waited longer, I think I still would have been highly anxious. And I'm slowly working thru the issues now.

I'm writing a feature for OHbaby! on pregnancy and infant loss to tie in with Pregnancy and Infant loss awareness week in October, and whilst I am finding it a very difficult subject to tackle, I am also finding it cathartic.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 10:13pm
I also had a suspected early miscarriage. My Doctor told me it could have also been empty egg syndrome but somehow I "just know" it was a baby a lost. I started bleeding one day after AF was due (so the baby would have been conceived just 2 weeks prior), and because I hadn't realised/suspected I was pregnant, I just presumed it was AF. It was after I passed a golf-ball-sized clot and went on to bleed and cramp for two weeks that I became convinced that I had miscarried.

I got such a shock - I hadn't expected to get pg while still bfing my 6mo baby, but also after having two healthy babies I never thought I would be in the line for a miscarriage. People would say things like, it wasn't meant to be, or maybe the baby was so seriously impaired that this was the best thing, and I found that really hard to take. I'll never know why I m/c but it was no comfort to me that the baby may have been deformed as well! But I did take comfort when I heard that an estimated 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. It really reassured me that it wasn't because of anything I had done etc, but just in the realm of "normal".

I believe my baby is in heaven, for some reason I think of her as a girl and I still often wonder what would have happened if I had got to meet her. I often say I had a "merciful" m/c because I didn't know I was pg until afterwards, but I still feel that I have an understanding and empathy for others who go through the grief and loss.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 10:55pm
Hi there ladies. YAY emma, firstly for creating this board.. and secondly for creating this board without as you put it "tilting the world off it's axis" lolol.. (was that what you said.. something similar)

Sounds tupidly stupid, but today, before going in, i was a wreck, emotionally physically, hormonally. however, right now, i am ok, i don't know what drugs they gave me but they must be good. i keep waiting for it all to hit... i know it will. but for now am "enjoying" feeling better than i have in a while.

We'll see.

but yay for having this board, hopefully no-one will have to come here for advice again in a very long time, but sadly i know that it's sucha reality that this board will probably be well used. helps to be able to get it all out and talk to others without bringing it up on the pregnancy boards.. and freaking out the other new mums to be.

a big thank you.
Right now i feel ok, but am sure i will beon here alot int he next few days once these drugs wear off. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:26am
What a great idea this board is and I’m sure it will be a huge support for those of us who have suffered a loss of a much hoped for baby. I am very sorry to read of everyone’s losses but there does seem to be some consolation in the fact that you are not alone in what you are feeling and going through.

I had a m/c in February. It hit me as a pretty big shock at the time. The whole pregnancy thing was entirely new to me and I had absolutely no idea how common m/c's really are. I felt pretty upset for a few days but now feel ok about it. Like Emma pointed out, I sometimes wonder if I brushed it aside too quickly though. I guess I just didn't know what else to do or how to deal with it… I too am a firm believer that these things happen for a reason and that it’s mother nature’s way of dealing with our little bubbas that aren’t going to be viable for whatever reason.

I am now pregnant again (7 weeks) and so far all the signs are there that things are going well. I will still be VERY relieved to get to that 12 week mark though. I really hope I am not going to be one of those women who have to go through the pain of numerous m/c’s. I can only imagine how difficult and heartbreaking this must be.

I was thinking of you yesterday Janine and glad you are feeling “ok” at the moment. You know where to come when you aren’t.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:10am
Yay SallyBelly - I somehow missed that you are pregnant again! Awesome news - congrats! All the best for a happy healthy nine months! Have you had a scan yet? I was a nervous wreck and had three scans before 12 weeks coz I was so paranoid.

Janine - glad to hear you managed to get thru yesterday, and hoping your physical recovery is a quick one. Will reply to your PM when I get more than about 30 seconds spare time
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:15am
Thanks Emma, that was the first time I mentioned my pregnancy on here so don't worry you didn't miss anything!

I had a scan yesterday where we saw the heart beating. It was a great relief I can tell you! I've also had numerous blood tests to check that the hcg levels are increasing as they should. While not being terribly much fun, the morning sickness is a good sign too!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:20am
Woohoo! Glad to hear all is going well. If it helps, less than 5% of miscarriages occur after a heartbeat is seen on ultrasound so things look really good for you!

My doctor refused to do any more hCG's after the first 3 or 4 coz I started getting a bit obsessive
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:39am
That's good news SB!!
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:52am
Okay might be long so feel free to just skimped over.

I always wanted to be a mother. Was just one of those things. I gave up on medicine to become a mother as I didnt wanted to work 24 hour periods and not see my kids.

We had a pregnancy scare a year into our relationship and that awaken some stuff in me. I must say my hubby (then fiance) was nothing short of a miracle to me. He took it so well. But alas it wasnt one. All I wanted to do was just have a baby and must admit I pressured hubby a bit. A week before our wedding I decided to back off totally with it and to just enjoy the moment.

So it came as a big surprise to me on our honeymoon night that he told me he is ready and want to make a baby. I wasnt on contraceptive and we concieved on our honeymoon. What can be more romantic right?

Anyway my best friend found out she was pregnant but was keeping it quiet as she was marrying a Muslim. She also had an accident in uni and had a son. So both of them kept it quiet from the family as they were getting married in 2 weeks.

So we concieved roughly the same time. I was glad that someone was going to go through it with me the same time and she has done this before. I was shocked when I started spotting and called her in a panic and she told me it is propably just due to implantation bleeding. But something just didnt feel right to me. I thought it is just first time mom fears. Hubby and me had a huge fight, cant remember about what. Half an hour later when I went to the bathroom it was just blood. Went to go see a dr that wanted to do a pelvic exam. I was too freaked out and asked them if they can do anything if it was an mc. They said no so I declined.

I got clots the next day and went back and she said that it is definately an mc. I decided to let it happen naturally. I was really so sad about it ect. Hubby was a pillar or strength and I got angry about it. He didnt show any emotion what so ever.

A few months later I woke up and he was crying his heart out about our baby. I didnt tell my friend about the mc and hubby went to the wedding alone. I only found out after McKayla's birth that he did tell her about the mc as she knew something was up when I didnt come. I only saw her once pregnant close to the end when I invited them over. It broke my heart and I only saw Zane after I had McKayla.

I called one of our friends studying to become a gynae and she referred to me one of her other dr's the only one she will trust with her own pregnancy one day.

She was absolutely wonderful and immmediatly when she saw me and I told her stuff she said she thinks I have PCOS and did scans and bloodwork. Came back positive.

I really was down. She didnt wanted to go the drug route but try naturally by losing a bit of weight ect. I just wasnt in the mood and just wanted a child like right now.

A few months later I decided what da heck give it a try. Lost a bit of weight and during Dec started bleeding like hell again. I didnt feel pregnant but did a test anyway and it was positive. I knew this is another mc. She explained to me she doesnt think it was an actual baby but that it was a biochemical mc. (not going to go in an explanation) But she was kind of happy about the weightloss ect and laughed at my other comments and made a promise that if I wasnt pregnant by my birthday that we will do more tests ect but she is sure I will be pregnant soon.

Got pregnant on my next cycle but also had bleeding she got me in real fast as bloodtests showed up fine. Bleeding was away from McKayla but they think it was another baby I lost. My progesterone was a bit low so they gave some supplements and strict bedrest. I got to see a heartbeat at 5 and a half weeks already which is really early.

My baby girl was born in December. I lost our honeymoon baby in Dec and had the other mc also in Dec. So I really do believe she is my Christmas Angel that God sent down to heal my heart.

Another sign of that was for me is that hubby allowed me to keep one of my cats kittens. Same time as my first mc. And that kitten was so closed to me. Exactly 6 weeks after the mc she came into my life. Exactly 6 weeks after the birth she dissapeared.

Okay long essay over.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 11:21am
Wow Shirena, that is so spooky about the kitten! Almost like she came into your life to heal the hurting, and once McKayla arrived she knew her job was done. I have goosebumps!

When I was pregnant with Maya, but before I knew I was pregnant, I had a really odd dream, and in it I was walking along a plank towards a boat carrying a baby boy and I droppped him into the water and was screaming "save my baby" and my Dad turned around and said "It's OK, you can have another baby". I woke up angry with Dad, and really confused, but when I found out I was pregnant with Maya I wondered if it was my first angel baby telling me that this baby was going to be OK, and that Dad would be OK with it (I was really frightened to tell him about Maya).

Around the time I conceived the gremlins, but again before I knew I was pregnant, I had a dream in which I 'saw' the baby I had lost a few weeks earlier. I didn't see her face as such, just had a really strong sense of her presence, and that she was s girl (I'd always thought of our angel as a boy to that point) and that her name was Te Anahera Pono. SIL told me later than Te Anahera Pono is a Ratana term which literally translated means True Angel, but is basically a term of faith. Up until that point I had been absolutely devastated, and really angry about the m/c but I woke up with a strong sense of peace. We ended up giving Sienna the middle name Anahera as she is like a gift from our angel baby.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 2:12pm
Just sending some love in here xxxx
We lost our baby last year, I thought my heart would be broken forever, I was devestated and even with a loving husband felt so alone. I think about our angel alot but my heart doesnt feel so broke anymore. xoxoxox
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!
 Post Reply Post Reply